Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayburn CJ1

Default Rayburn CJ1

Anybody had a chance to pick one of these up yet? I'm curious to see what they will do on the track it's been a long time since I've heard of Rayburn being a relevant chassis

Thumbs up Stronger than dirt

Haven't heard of "CJ1", other than his car. I do know about his latest suspension updates, "RayburnX". He makes a great car, just needs some racers willing to learn and work with something that isn't, politically or socially popular and/or acceptable with the shinnston clique(rocket fans or 4 link devotees). If pope richards doesn't bless it(swing arm), its hard to convince the lemmings(those who blindly follow) that swing arm a is viable suspension these days.

"Wait right here, they'll all be back." - CJ Rayburn

This has been true many times through out the years.
    Last edited by LeafMaster41; 03-05-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Clarification for readers

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Haven't heard of "CJ1", other than his car. I do know about his latest suspension updates, "RayburnX". He makes a great car, just needs some racers willing to learn and work with something that isn't, politically or socially popular with the shinnston clique. If pope richards doesn't bless it, its hard to convince the lemmings its viable these days.

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while on here. I'm not a Mark Richards fan at all but how in world can you say that he controls what people buy just by endorsing it? Racers buy products that win and that's plain and simple, there are a ton of Longhorns and Club 29's and Richards I'm sure didn't endorse those. I don't believe you will ever see Lanigan being socialable like you said with Richards. The reason why Rayburn feel off the map is because the cars were awful and they feel behind the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Haven't heard of "CJ1", other than his car. I do know about his latest suspension updates, "RayburnX". He makes a great car, just needs some racers willing to learn and work with something that isn't, politically or socially popular with the shinnston clique. If pope richards doesn't bless it, its hard to convince the lemmings its viable these days.

Right, because Longhorns aren't popular. Or, look at Kryptonite. Freddie, Tyler, and Chis are making strides. And JD back in a Barry Wright.

Rayburn's problem is Rayburn. You can whine about Rocket all you want. Results sells race cars, and CJ didn't change soon enough. He may come back, but either way it's his fault whether he makes it back or don't.

Shame, because at one time he was the man.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by 00hdmn View Post
    this is the dumbest thing i have heard in a while on here. I'm not a mark richards fan at all but how in world can you say that he controls what people buy just by endorsing it? Racers buy products that win and that's plain and simple, there are a ton of longhorns and club 29's and richards i'm sure didn't endorse those. I don't believe you will ever see lanigan being socialable like you said with richards. The reason why rayburn feel off the map is because the cars were awful and they feel behind the game.
    x 2! ^^^^^^^
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while on here. I'm not a Mark Richards fan at all but how in world can you say that he controls what people buy just by endorsing it? Racers buy products that win and that's plain and simple, there are a ton of Longhorns and Club 29's and Richards I'm sure didn't endorse those. I don't believe you will ever see Lanigan being socialable like you said with Richards. The reason why Rayburn feel off the map is because the cars were awful and they feel behind the game.
    That sounds pretty critical. Would you care to expound on exactly where CJ is off to the extent of awful? Front end Geometry? Rear suspension? Balance? Roll centers? Polar moments? The track doesn't know what chassis is on the other side of that tire track, it just knows weight and traction.

There are so many different chassis wining today, I see no reason that one more couldn't join that club. I'm all for CJ trying and even wish them luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    That sounds pretty critical. Would you care to expound on exactly where CJ is off to the extent of awful? Front end Geometry? Rear suspension? Balance? Roll centers? Polar moments? The track doesn't know what chassis is on the other side of that tire track, it just knows weight and traction.

There are so many different chassis wining today, I see no reason that one more couldn't join that club. I'm all for CJ trying and even wish them luck.
    I have no clue where the New Rayburn cars have been off, from what I know of years of watching the sport, he feel behind when cars went from swing arm to 4 bar. When the swingarm cars were at the top CJ was the man, I didn't say I wish the man bad either, personally I would love to see him succeed. Chuck Harper was won of my favorites when I was a kid and he won a TON of races with a Rayburn. Back to where you were affended somehow, you must be a fool if you think that CJ had a quality product people wouldn't be in them, because they would be, they just have sucked for about the last 10-12 years.

It is critical, because the person he responded to acted like it was Marks' fault CJ fell behind. CJ fell behind because CJ didn't change with the times, pretty simple. Now it's a matter of having quality cars that win races consistently. Now the issue is no one wants to take the chance with CJ and I don't blame them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Not sure if he has fixed it yet, but the last one I played with (2012 model) still had a low cross member. Once we modified that, it worked pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    It is critical, because the person he responded to acted like it was Marks' fault CJ fell behind. CJ fell behind because CJ didn't change with the times, pretty simple. Now it's a matter of having quality cars that win races consistently. Now the issue is no one wants to take the chance with CJ and I don't blame them.
    So, you and the person I responded to, really don't know if CJ's chassis is good, bad or indifferent, but still feel comfortable, labeling them a bad chassis. That may be, but If I was going to talk a persons product down, I'd have a good reason before I did. And then, I'd have to think hard about it, as it's his livelihood. That's all I'm saying.

So, you and the person I responded to, really don't know if CJ's chassis is good, bad or indifferent, but still feel comfortable, labeling them a bad chassis. That may be, but If I was going to talk a persons product down, I'd have a good reason before I did. And then, I'd have to think hard about it, as it's his livelihood. That's all I'm saying.
    I think Dennis Erb could answer that. Although he won a feature at Eastbay, it was downhill from there and he switched chassis shortly thereafter. I believe Dennis has enough skill and know-how to make a racecar competitive.

Lets hope CJ has made some changes and can keep a quality driver in one of his cars to make it competitive again.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

The last Rayburn hotrod i remember was Schlieper's around 2002. Won the World and the N/S 100 around that time. Maybe there was some more but that sticks out in my head.

Schlenk won the National UMP title in 2010 in a Rayburn. I believe that was CJ's last title other than maybe a local track title now and then...
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

Dave Hess Jr ran a Rayburn in 2016 and was pretty competitive regionally.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

That high horse you're on is tired.

Rusty Schlenk is in the Rayburn House car this year.

I think everyone has had enough of your holier-than-thou attitude. You aren't impressing or fooling anyone. You intentionally misconstrued what the other guy said.

He said the rayburns fell behind because they were awful and got outdated. He didn't say anything about how the new one will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    That high horse you're on is tired.
    Having respect for others, since when is described as riding a high horse? It's doing the right thing, if people know who you are and Scruples if they don't.

Here is a Hall of Fame guy, that hasn't had a winner in a while. He is trying to make a come back and gets all this looser talk, that doesn't speak well of his abilities. That is not respect. There is a lot this old guy could teach some of the chassis jumpers and people that criticize something they know nothing about.

Having respect for others, since when is described as riding a high horse? It's doing the right thing, if people know who you are and Scruples if they don't.

Here is a Hall of Fame guy, that hasn't had a winner in a while. He is trying to make a come back and gets all this looser talk, that doesn't speak well of his abilities. That is not respect. There is a lot this old guy could teach some of the chassis jumpers and people that criticize something they know nothing about.
    Where was all this virtue signaling when everybody was sh*tting on Mark Richards two years ago? Why weren't you whining about respect in the threads sh*tting on Joe Garrison a couple weeks back?
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 03-05-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Then you go find someone who has ran well in one consistently in the last ten years. I'm sorry, I base my opinions on facts. I don't care what you did 15 years ago. This is a what can you do for me now World, and if you cannot provide me with a quality consistent car with good feedback, I'm going elsewhere. Longhorns were sh!t till they went to Kevin Rumley, CJ is there now, like it or not.

If I was making a product that used to be great, and now was nowhere near what it was, it is what it is. I'm not going to be butthurt about it, I'm going to fix it and make it what it once was. And prove the naysayers wrong.

Would you buy one? I would not. I'd buy a Rocket or Longhorn if it was me.