Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rayburn CJ1

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    Is there any track or condition where the old swing arm car could compete with the chassis today?
    heavy heavy track, or a 5/8 mile.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by hrmotorsports33 View Post
    With a real driver behind the wheel a swing arm will win anywhere! For years Erb, O'Neal, moyer, Babb, Weaver and basically anyone who is anyone won a ton in them! I guess I am still one of the true believers in these cars! I can't wait to read all this garbage on here when schlenk starts handing out a#* whoopins on the weekly!
    We all will be waiting from the state of Missouri......the "show me" state!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

% wise Bloomer should be the chassis king???? Number of his chassis versus number of wins would TRUMP any chassis????

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    Is there any track or condition where the old swing arm car could compete with the chassis today?
    If i was going to the dome next year i would have a setup with a swinger in the book

Well that turned into a d!ck measuring contest pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by hrmotorsports33 View Post
    With a real driver behind the wheel a swing arm will win anywhere! For years Erb, O'Neal, moyer, Babb, Weaver and basically anyone who is anyone won a ton in them! I guess I am still one of the true believers in these cars! I can't wait to read all this garbage on here when schlenk starts handing out a#* whoopins on the weekly!
    First, if those cars could win against the current cars, every driver you mentioned would still be in them.

Second, the new cars are 4 bar cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    heavy heavy track, or a 5/8 mile.
    Pink, you are only half right. The size of the track has absolutely nothing to do with a swing arm car's ability to win. Heavy and rough together is about the only place a swing arm car may still have a chance to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron-Junkie View Post
    Pink, you are only half right. The size of the track has absolutely nothing to do with a swing arm car's ability to win. Heavy and rough together is about the only place a swing arm car may still have a chance to be competitive.
    what I should have said is a big sweeping cornered 5/8 mile track.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Your close, it was 03' for Schlieper on those particular wins with Rayburn, although he had some more wins with "Wild Race Cars" swing arm at Eastbay after that. Moyer won his last WoO title with a Rayburn in 05' before later switching to VC, but he kept his Rayburns too. Rayburn cars were still in the hunt even as late as 09' at the world 100 too. I don't think NOT switching to 4 link was the problem, I think NOT focusing more on the Swing Arm 100% and pushing it farther was the issue. He tried to bridge the gap and appease some of the public perceptions by offering both type cars, but no one can serve two masters. As to Erb and his Eastbay win, he had more wins than that during that season, but those don't get mentioned much or the fact that he kept switching cars after that too until Black Diamond. I'm okay with racers who are fond of 4 link, but I do get tired of the incessant insults people like to hurl your way if you're not a shinnston moonie. Look at this whole thread, insult after insult,

Opening line is an insult, says a lot about his character.
    Doesn't even race, but he knows from watching.

Now this guy admits he doesn't race, but somehow he's sure about the quality of cars being built by CJ.

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with 4m. Unless you've used the product yourself you have no qualifications to say whether its good or not. Is there room for improvement? Yes.
    Do I think its ok to bash on a man's work that you don't even know or have experience with? NO.
    I myself have had dealings with both, on a business level and I prefer to keep doing business with the man in Whiteland, IN.
    Buddy, I have turned wrenches on cars, I have drove a car a time or two. I never bashed CJ saying he was never good or he didn't have a chance, I just stated the obvious that he has fallen way way behind the game has been struggling to catch up, if you thing otherwise your as dumb as these other idiots on here that are oblivious to reality. If you truly think that CJ has been relevant in the last 10 years on a national or even a regional level please fill me in because I haven't seen it, or heard about it or read about it.
    Last edited by 00Hdmn; 03-07-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Just to clarify 4 bar cars were around BEFORE swing arm cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Buddy, I have turned wrenches on cars, I have drove a car a time or two. I never bashed CJ saying he was never good or he didn't have a chance, I just stated the obvious that he has fallen way way behind the game has been struggling to catch up, if you thing otherwise your as dumb as these other idiots on here that are oblivious to reality. If you truly think that CJ has been relevant in the last 10 years on a national or even a regional level please fill me in because I haven't seen it, or heard about it or read about it.
    I agree with what you say and I've always been a big fan of CJ.

CJ is and has been relevant in this sport as long as everyone else still use his front end geometry and weight placement. CJ is probably the best shade tree engineer, this sport has ever seen. If he says he has a new car, it's worth looking at, especially if you don't know what is in it.

As far as 4 link or swing arm or for that matter leaf springs, they all do the same thing. Some are better at laterally locating the rear end, like leaf springs. Some are much more adjustable for instant centers, like the 4 link. This isn't hocus pocus, it's physical law. It's purely connecting point location and force vectors. You can get LR hike on a leaf spring. Anyone watching these chassis wars, knows, it's more important that who is setting them up and driving than what kind they are. Most are borrowed ideas. Borrowed from CJ and Howe and a few others.

Yawn..........not cj, the source.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Summit 1 View Post
    What are cj's new cars now swingarm or 4 link?
    He offers both but, strongly recommends the swing arm cars. He offers the 4 link cars, in part to appease those people that believe they can't be fast without 4 link.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Again with the insults, thanks for proving my point on your crowd. Hey, I get it once you become a Lemming its darn hard to think for yourself after that, just keep towing the company line. So happy you drove a car a time or 2, if it wasn't a swing arm car, its NOT valid to the topic. All you know is 10 years ago Rayburn cars were more visible, but now everyone you SEE has something else. Therefore in your mind that means Rayburn cars are no longer of any value and just plain SUCK. You should have never posted to this thread or started handing out insults because you have ZERO frame of reference to even voice an accurate opinion on whether CJ builds good cars or not because you don't see them in action. Its time to move on and admit your NOT qualified to speak to this topic, much less be insulting people on a subject you admit you have no knowledge of.
    Anybody that has any knowledge of this sport can speak on weather or not Rayburn's cars have been good or not the past 10 years, how about 2-3 years ago CJ made a new car and took it to speed weeks and that's where that deal ended because it was unsuccessful, like I said many of times I hope it works out for him because he is true pioneer for the sport but I am not telling any lies only true facts. You my friend are naïve.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    I agree with what you say and I've always been a big fan of CJ.
    Its just true... I have always like him also. Like I said in an earlier post my favorite driver as a kid was Chuck Harper and he won all his races in a Rayburn when those cars were good and tracks were way different than they are now. You don't drive cars sideways anymore at very many places.

I just looked back to the last time they tried a new deal like this and it was Dan Schlieper who drove the house car in FL and if my memory serves me correct I don't think they made it through speed weeks and the year was 2015 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I just looked back to the last time they tried a new deal like this and it was Dan Schlieper who drove the house car in FL and if my memory serves me correct I don't think they made it through speed weeks and the year was 2015 I believe.
    Dennis Erb won a race at Eastbay in 2014 with a supposedly new and improved Rayburn! He didn't last long in one and switched to Black Diamond!

Even Ray Charles can see that Cj's cars needs a lot of work to be competitive!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Scott James took the house car to the World 100 a couple years ago and couldn't return it to Whiteland fast enough

The Koni shock Rayburn used was probably are lot better than anybody realizes.I don't know what rayburn does for shocks now, but shock technology has changed as much or more than chassis in the last 10 years.