Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by aflack83 View Post
    No lack of passion from Linville!! He decided that his family was his #1 priority right now!!! Thats not a lack of passion, that is called priorities!!!
    Not what the press release said on his website. He did mention family but that wasn't really the main reason.

Dustin Linville announced Monday via Facebook that he will be stepping away from Dirt Late Model racing effective immediately. Heath Lawson Photography
    Linville, age 25, cited his loss of passion for the sport, wanting to focus on spending more time with his wife, Shae, and two young daughters, Riley and Haisley.

"I've just lost that heart for racing," Linville said. "The time has came that we've just lost interest in the sport. We've got bigger and better things we need to focus on. I'm not quitting, I'm not walking away, I'm not giving up, I'm finished. I feel like we're accomplished. We done what we wanted to do. We had fun doing it."

I've heard good things about Swarts cars. Welds are impeccable and either have more head room or can be ordered with it. The only thing they need is a guy to set it up and a driver that can beat anybody in the country. The same as every other chassis maker.

probably didn't help that he bought a big semi truck and trailer in the last year or 2 to haul around 1 car.
    Last I checked one does not need that stuff to compete.
    he had what looked to be a nice truck and trailer.

Sometimes trying to keep up with the Jones' will wipe a bank account dry. When it is not needed.

I figure he will sit out a while and get the itch again about may or june, and we will se the d8 again.
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 03-08-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    probably didn't help that he bought a big semi truck and trailer in the last year or 2 to haul around 1 car.

Sometimes trying to keep up with the Jones' will wipe a bank account dry. When it is not needed.
    Didn't Flinner run the Lucas series last year with a pickup and enclosed trailer? Are they doing that again this year?

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    I doubt we will ever see very many Swartz cars on a national tour because they can't run over a 75 lapper. A Swartz car tends to be very hard on tires and can only be competitive in shorter races.
    I strongly disagree. boggs was 3rd at the 2013 dtwc 100 lapper, and 22nd to 7th at the n/s 100 last year.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Michael Knight View Post
    I have noticed a lot of Late Model drivers in the Carolina are getting a Swartz Chassis over the past couple of years.

I was just wondering who the biggest name in a Swartz Race Car?
    We have one , just now getting fast with it , mainly because of rookie driver .
    Fine tuning and last few times out , we are about to knock on the door with it . Hello.
    Fabrication second to none . And another post said they don't win the big ones .
    Well Jackie Boggs will prove you wrong , if he don't break . And those are Swartz by
    boggs . Car will dig all 100 laps , if you can manage tires . Support is excellent .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    We have one , just now getting fast with it , mainly because of rookie driver .
    Fine tuning and last few times out , we are about to knock on the door with it . Hello.
    Fabrication second to none . And another post said they don't win the big ones .
    Well Jackie Boggs will prove you wrong , if he don't break . And those are Swartz by
    boggs . Car will dig all 100 laps , if you can manage tires . Support is excellent .
    You said it! If you can manage tires on a Swartz! Seems no one can do that!

It seems those cars seem to work best on sandy type tracks, where it takes a lot of wheelspin. They seem to work well around here my area, especially at prp.

Default Racing cost

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post

I figure he will sit out a while and get the itch again about may or june, and we will se the d8 again.
    You make a good point ... Hind sight is 20/20 and im sure were all guilty of this .... I didnt know after posting the thread would go this way .... Seems like now i wish I had of skipped posting my opinion ....My thoughts wernt to promote anyones brand of race cars ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

So for you guys that are familiar with the Swartz/Boggs cars would they be a good choice for a crate car? Seems like tire management would be an issue, and if they are built as good as people say seems like a good fit. We are getting into that class this year and haven't settled on a chassis yet. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Outlaw View Post
    So for you guys that are familiar with the Swartz/Boggs cars would they be a good choice for a crate car? Seems like tire management would be an issue, and if they are built as good as people say seems like a good fit. We are getting into that class this year and haven't settled on a chassis yet. Any thoughts?
    The race track I help promote at Lancaster Super Speedway located in Lancaster, South Carolina, it is a 1/2 Mile Dirt Track. A couple of our Crate Late Model drivers had a Swartz last year and picked up quite a few wins.

Thanks for the help I really like what I've been reading about them. I will be Racing in indiana and Illinois actually live right on the state line so we have a few tracks that run them I have been only looking at Pierce and mastersbuilt bit I will definitely be giving the swartz a look. Thanks again

I would take a good look at a Swartz by Boggs chassis. Built with safety as the top priority and Jackie has been doin setups on them for teams. Hes by far the most knowledgeable around for setting them up and makin them fast. He stands behind his work and a great guy too!

Tim Dohm won the $20,000 to win FASTRAK race a few years back in a Swartz. They're really good cars and even better if you go through Boggs to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by late model chaser View Post
    You said it! If you can manage tires on a Swartz! Seems no one can do that!
    see post 26
    anyone but lanigan

the best choice
    anyone but lanigan

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    the best choice
    Sounds good thanks again guys. They have Def moved to top of the list for me.
    I checked Swartz website but it wasn't updated for a while and I couldn't find anything for Boggs website. Any thoughts where I could find d a used car maybe a couple years old. Is there a difference between the Swartz and the Swartz by Boggs?

Tire management is never a chassis problem. It's a driver problem, it's a set up problem and sometimes a track problem. An education will make you faster than any chassis switch. Everyone can see the new chassis spurts. They do well because the new chassis builder, shares his education

From what I understand is audie builds the cars with jackies inputs and they collaborate on the cars and what works best where. The 4b cars are set up by the man himself in his shop and you'll usually see
    Them all pitted together at the races. There's something peculiar about the way those cars drag through the corners and I can't put my finger on it but seems like they slingshot around the bottom when it's slick compared to the rockets and masters. As far as contacting them they're very responsive on FB under 4B motorsports and Jackie Boggs racing.

From what I can say is Swartz vs 4B Swartz there's no comparison. One of the local guys at Portsmouth ran a brand new Swartz and jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens last year
    And couldn't hang with the 4B cars