Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shannon Babb

just hope Shannon has some success this year or I fear he steps away from racing all together and that would suck

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Babb just had some bad luck last year. Plus hasn't he been trying different chassis the last couple of years.

Don't count him out just yet.
    Yep.... Babb just had a bad year and if they think he is out of it... THEY are wrong...

I seen on rockets fb page that babb was out there getting a car ready for brownstown, is he changing his mind?? Would be cool to see him there!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocket1 View Post
    I seen on rockets fb page that babb was out there getting a car ready for brownstown, is he changing his mind?? Would be cool to see him there!
    It's been reported they took off their scheule

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Yep.... Babb just had a bad year and if they think he is out of it... THEY are wrong...
    You know it...........

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It's been reported they took off their scheule
    I understand that I saw that posted a couple days ago..this was just posted last night on rocket chassis Facebook page.. "Shannon Babb and crew are in the house getting his Rocket Chassis #XR1 ready for Brownstown" with a picture of them all wrenching on the car
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

I sent him a pm yesterday as of 9:30 last night he said he hadn't quite decided yet
    I am what I am

Cool The Missile

I'm guessing they'll stick with the decision to skip The Icebreaker.

Gateway was big for Shannon. JMO That weekend and his other solid runs toward the end of last year has his competitive spirit up. I think we're going to see a strong season from SBR this year.

As for the Summer Nats, I believe this year he'll take over the spot he's earned on the all-time victories list.

Go 18!!

he sure did earn it

The hell tour is all he will ever be king of, I think he need to come to the North/South 100 and you to Jason Fegers what is the water too deep I mean you all can go to the Dream 100 and World 100 but not the North/South 100

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovedirttrackracin View Post
    The hell tour is all he will ever be king of, I think he need to come to the North/South 100 and you to Jason Fegers what is the water too deep I mean you all can go to the Dream 100 and World 100 but not the North/South 100
    As the World and the Dream ant as big as the use to be the N/S is growing... I think is not that they Dont want to go .. they just Dont feel they need too go....I use too love going to the World now i like the Illini and the PDC more...And they closer...I can tell you it not to Deep..If you arnt rich you have too pick and chose They ant rich...

The North/South is a dry slick POS that's why he doesn't go

Quote Originally Posted by race14 View Post
    The North/South is a dry slick POS that's why he doesn't go
    So does that make the 60 to 70 drivers that go all POS's for even showing up at such a POS track? Lol...I can't speak for years past, but I was at the N/S last year and the track was pretty (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good. The racing was fun, and the crowd was loving it. Everyone has an opinion. Just stating what I saw last year.

No it doesn't. 1 good race out of how many?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovedirttrackracin View Post
    They sent Bobby down there, last year, to take care of the light work. I think he did pretty good. The Hell tour is no joke. Even diehard fans have trouble making all the races, just to watch. Just to make the shows, your busier than a one legged man in a but kicking contest. For some reason, some don't think Illinois racers are that good, because they don't go down south or east. They don't have to. The real money is close to home. When we see racers from down south or out east come for Hell Tour, they only stay for a week maybe two. There is money, but not easy money.

I can't argue for or against other races. Last year was my first. Maybe I got lucky?? I can tell you this much, though. Their supreme nachos are pretty incredible. I'd go just for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    They sent Bobby down there, last year, to take care of the light work. I think he did pretty good. The Hell tour is no joke. Even diehard fans have trouble making all the races, just to watch. Just to make the shows, your busier than a one legged man in a but kicking contest. For some reason, some don't think Illinois racers are that good, because they don't go down south or east. They don't have to. The real money is close to home. When we see racers from down south or out east come for Hell Tour, they only stay for a week maybe two. There is money, but not easy money.
    2 years I went on a crew to all the races for Hell Tour ..I was so beat up did not think I was ever going too heal.. Till you been on it, you cant not know how hard it is too do..And you can wear out a car doing it....

Way more good races than bad ones at Florence. How many times have you actually been to the track?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    2 years I went on a crew to all the races for Hell Tour ..I was so beat up did not think I was ever going too heal.. Till you been on it, you cant not know how hard it is too do..And you can wear out a car doing it....
    I hear ya. I'll go watch 3 or 4 nights in a row, with a pop up. By the time its over, I want my Mama. Every once in a while, I think of getting a motor home and a few old retired guys that don't have to work to share expenses and do the whole tour, just one more time for the bucket list.

Twice was enough I don't like dry slick rubbered up racing. Nothing like Illinois black dirt