Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default List tracks that should be boycotted due to track prep / facilities...

Golden Isle & Clarksville...

wasted $$$ on these trips but, will not make same mistake again...
    Help create a list to eliminate tracks & more importantly the promoters that need a wake up call for lack of interest to the fans...

I-79
    St Augustine
    Syracuse
    Dorsey
    Log Cabin
    Morgantown
    Silver Spring

Syracuse is not around. if your going to protest, no whats open. this thread should be deleted. you know what the track is like before you leave.
    victim

Wilmot speedway. Usually a one groove, rough, dust bowl.

Morgantown now a holy roller church and I79 a parking area for an auto auction. Oh how I wish they still existed so I could complain about the terrible track conditions and other shortcomings. Wait, I was always happy that 2 tracks were within a 30 min. drive for me no matter the track conditions. Be careful what you wish for.

None of the tracks he listed are around anymore, but I think that was kinda the point he was making lol

Quote Originally Posted by th3Swami View Post
    I-79
    St Augustine
    Syracuse
    Dorsey
    Log Cabin
    Morgantown
    Silver Spring
    I never got to see Dorsey but I still hear stories about that place. Its sad to drive by where the track was and see a business park now. Silver Spring was always good, and had some good food too

Organized boycotts would be a good thing in the long run. Many track are getting away with not being held accountable for the quality of their programs. And just like any business or product they need to be held accountable. It's for the good of the sport, in reality.

How many times do certain tracks get away with hosting big money races, by resting on their name and the name of the event, yet the racing truly sucks due to very poor track prep?

Then by next year it is all forgotten, and it just happens again and again.

I have talked to many fans that say the same thing. "The racing is really not good or it takes all night, but they just came to get out of the house. I never used to feel that way, but find that this reasoning is beginning to be a fact myself.

I went to two big races last October and they both turned out to be the sorriest racing I think I've ever seen, as both places have become dust bowls and so slick that there were many races where nobody passed a single car.

It is just not right.

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Golden Isle & Clarksville...

wasted $$$ on these trips but, will not make same mistake again...
    Help create a list to eliminate tracks & more importantly the promoters that need a wake up call for lack of interest to the fans...
    I don't know about what tracks you should boycott but after reading this post I do wish you would boycott oxygen. This is the worst post I've seen yet out of some pretty horrible and ignorant posts on here.

Dirt Racing is a niche sport that struggles to survive as it is, we need to help these tracks get better, not put them out of business because of everyone wants to be a whiney bitch.

I drove 8 hours one way to Golden Isles, the racing wasn't great but guess what -- I had a great time! Great area, great people, nice weather, and a fun trip. The racing wasn't great but it was racing. In February.

Clay classic rockford speedway

Rockford Speedway

Daytona & Talledega

^^ NAPCAR in its entirety if we are going there....

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I don't know about what tracks you should boycott but after reading this post I do wish you would boycott oxygen. This is the worst post I've seen yet out of some pretty horrible and ignorant posts on here.

Dirt Racing is a niche sport that struggles to survive as it is, we need to help these tracks get better, not put them out of business because of everyone wants to be a whiney bitch.

I drove 8 hours one way to Golden Isles, the racing wasn't great but guess what -- I had a great time! Great area, great people, nice weather, and a fun trip. The racing wasn't great but it was racing. In February.
    I live within 2 hrs of GIS and refuse to go! Every owner of the track has been told what needs to be done to make the racing better, but they refuse to act! It seems all they want to promote is their "new facilities", but fail miserably at the most important part.....the TRACK!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

The DTWC at PRP has been a train race every year they've ran there. I live 30 min from PRP and it just kills me how bad the racing is during the DTWC.

NONE - start boycotting tracks and pretty soon there won't be any left.

A organized boycott would be a lousy thing to do to anyone. If you don't like it, don't go. Some are perfectly happy with loud engines and plenty of beer. If roughly 10 people out of a hundred stop going, it takes the profit away but doesn't bankrupt anyone. That's if you want change for the better,not the demise of another track.

I think where some of these promoters get in too deep, is when the track owner takes too big a cut of the pie, leaving no operating expenses to put on a good show. This leaves them cutting corners to just get by.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    The DTWC at PRP has been a train race every year they've ran there. I live 30 min from PRP and it just kills me how bad the racing is during the DTWC.
    I agree. where should it be??
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by pink floyd View Post
    I agree. where should it be??
    If they are trying to keep it around here I would say Atomic. The racing is much better

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    If they are trying to keep it around here I would say Atomic. The racing is much better
    I would like to see it move around
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars