Quote Originally Posted by dirtlmfan View Post
    A few more to add to this...

311, NC
    Metrolina, NC
    Taylorsville, NC
    Thunder Valley, NC
    Chester, SC
    Sugar Creek, SC
    Atomic, TN (Although, they have built a small 1/4 mile track on the same property.)
    Cleveland, TN ???
    Oak Level, VA

And the list goes on and on. If you are not happy with the racing or facilities at a given track, gripe, complain, raise Cain, or go somewhere else. With the emphasis being, go somewhere. If people start boycotting tracks, they soon will be added to the list.
    your right, green valley in alabama is gone now, i didnt go that much and surly didnt like the last management , but i do miss the ole girl.........

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Do you really think a promoter gives a squat about a few emails or phone calls? Guess again, more likely they will just get pissed and ignore you. And yes even threaten you.

Fans being organized is the only way to get a point across.

Many promoters will do what they can get away with until they finally see an empty grandstand and not even really know why it has become empty.

Fans need to start boycotting to get a point across, so the promoters know what they need to start doing. if not a slow decline will continue in attendance. And so if you never voice your complaint about what exactly you didnt like, how do they know why you arent there?

@Presidentclinton, Not sure what veteran $$$ means, but I think there are more constructive ways to handle things than what was suggested by OP from one visit.

@Acjr25, I remember the 5/8 mile peanut oil based surface, "Home of the 172MPH back stretch!". Waycross was similar but smaller. I've seen good races at GIS, several on LORTV, but I agree this years surface was bad, not to mention the new tire rules effect on racing, but that gets overlooked rather quickly by the ones rushing to go nuclear on the track.

Could they have had a better surface? Sure.
    I myself don't know the circumstances that led to this years surface, maybe it was to windy.

I can name tracks that are now closed just because they ignored the advice of fans. One being Bluegrass Speedway Ky. All they did was make excuses why they couldn't prep the track and finally the train racing put them out of business. The stands got emptier each season until they could no longer profit.
    I agree in voting/sending a message with your dollar$ by NOT going, but rallying an uprising on social media after one visit is extreme. Once its on the web its out there somewhere forever, I'm just saying there are better ways than going nuclear after one bad trip.
    Last edited by LeafMaster41; 03-10-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    I agree in voting/sending a message with your dollar$ by NOT going, but rallying an uprising on social media after one visit is extreme. Once its on the web its out there somewhere forever, I'm just saying there are better ways than going nuclear after one bad trip.
    Patterns of bad value,bad shows and just bad product are what I normally go by when spending money........everybody has a bad night, but when they are regularly bad I close my wallet to them.( racetrack, restaurants,grocery store whatever).
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Bluegrass speedway's owner was a pure prick...
    Awesome facility but owner was full of greed, promoters barely survived year to year... I lay all blame to sorry piece of $hit owner...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Patterns of bad value,bad shows and just bad product are what I normally go by when spending money........everybody has a bad night, but when they are regularly bad I close my wallet to them.( racetrack, restaurants,grocery store whatever).
    Well....bbcb....that's just too much common sense for some of the 4mers!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

As a driver I generally don't post on here however I on this topic I feel the need. Most of the problem with single file racing is not track conditions. You will always get single file racing when you qualify and put the fastest car on the pole, how are slower cars supposed to pass someone who is faster already. This should have been learned from the asphalt tracks which are struggling.
    The other issue with qualifying is the fastest groove gets burn up early in the night. To have the most exciting racing you should draw for position. This promotes passing, you may be the fastest car there and draw a 10 or a 1 all on your luck that day. Makes for great racing since cars of different speeds are in the same race not starting fastest to slowest.
    Why do you think races are single file and won by a straight away by the pole car? Because new format racing makes it happen. Fans were complaining before they traveled a long ways to see their favorite driver and they didn't even make the A main since they started in the back of a heat. In the past everyone wanted the fast cars to start up front and this is a result of that.

Kankakee has seen better days...

Yeah but you specifically mentioned the dtwc where the winner started 24th...

Roberts17... you are the winner to a all expense paid trip to the men's restroom with running water. Finally, somebody made sense. They string these guys out in hot laps and you can see it. They all run in line, then comes qualifications, what happens ? Everybody gets in the same groove. Throw time trails out and you won't see the track get used up in ONE GROOVE. The SLM sanctioning bodies are creating this. Award passing points and give those guys and your heat winner's first pill draw. Those cars get position 1 thru 12. Second draw is for positions 13 to 24. You cannot tell me the racing would not be better. 2nd thing is the support classes. Darn few are there to watch them, don't lose the racetrack because you have another 60+ support division cars.

have to disagree on the dtwc/prp..thought last years racing was really good, even the day dtwc race couple years back was pretty good...but yes, been there when it's choo choo too...I've also seen atomic lock down too....weather, # of cars, watering all have an effect....I think prp is finally figuring out to water the dogsh!t out of it for those big races..
    powerslave

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracr33 View Post
    have to disagree on the dtwc/prp..thought last years racing was really good, even the day dtwc race couple years back was pretty good...but yes, been there when it's choo choo too...I've also seen atomic lock down too....weather, # of cars, watering all have an effect....I think prp is finally figuring out to water the dogsh!t out of it for those big races..
    That's what I was thinking too, I haven't been person, but the replays looked like great racing, but a track that big will never have FALS type racing, 2 different styles of track.

Add Smoky Mountain Speedway to list...
    After the intelligence they showed this week, I'll pass on giving them $$$ to keep screwing up...

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    How about after a bunch of bad trips? lol

If the promoters would work there race tracks during the week you wouldn't have this problem it's not that hard I think most don't know how and the rest are lazy.

Farmer City is at the top of my list for boycotting. Racing is decent at best, and the facility is a complete craphole.

Quote Originally Posted by roberts17 View Post
    As a driver I generally don't post on here however I on this topic I feel the need. Most of the problem with single file racing is not track conditions. You will always get single file racing when you qualify and put the fastest car on the pole, how are slower cars supposed to pass someone who is faster already. This should have been learned from the asphalt tracks which are struggling.
    The other issue with qualifying is the fastest groove gets burn up early in the night. To have the most exciting racing you should draw for position. This promotes passing, you may be the fastest car there and draw a 10 or a 1 all on your luck that day. Makes for great racing since cars of different speeds are in the same race not starting fastest to slowest.
    Why do you think races are single file and won by a straight away by the pole car? Because new format racing makes it happen. Fans were complaining before they traveled a long ways to see their favorite driver and they didn't even make the A main since they started in the back of a heat. In the past everyone wanted the fast cars to start up front and this is a result of that.
    While track preparation has something to do with it as well, you hit the nail squarely on the head. I am lucky to live in an area that has a lot of passing point, draw-redraw, etc. which provides MUCH better racing than the freight-train format you described.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The way I see it, if a place has a stinker race, I'll watch from a far and they need two good ones before I go back. That is me. I'll never be part of an organized boycott. There is a difference between no going because you felt cheated and organizing to put someone out of business. Too many sheep and a lack of good Shepard.

Bubstr...
    I agree with your thinking...
    The biggest statement that needs to be made is the drivers...
    Drivers have more influence than fans but, seems they really don't care if they can pass or not... I can't understand the state of the sport anymore... Sad times...

The only thing freight train racing gives the competitor is a car that doesn't get torn up because most do not pass anybody thru out the race. It's like watching slot cars.

What happened to inverting?
    Heard some old schoolers talking about it...