Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Also can't pass judgment off of one trip

"Loud engines, plenty of beer..."
    " bad night at the track is better than a good day at work... "
    Tracks are lucky there's plenty of dumba**'s in the world to support the bs they wanna call racing...
    I bet most of you get a woody when you see a CSX!!!

I saw UP on a boxcar.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    If they are trying to keep it around here I would say Atomic. The racing is much better
    so good you can watch 19 sprint cars flip in one night
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    That place must draw some very inexperienced sprint drivers from that neck of the woods. We watched 2 full nights of USAC sprint car racing at BRC in Ocala, FL last month with nary a flip.

Thumbs down No, I won't help you Eliminate one track.

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Help create a list to eliminate tracks & more importantly the promoters that need a wake up call for lack of interest to the fans...
    I'm all in favor of boycotting things that hurt consumers or employees, but boycotting a racetrack on social media is kinda a cowardly way to handle things. Its really, really hard to build tracks these days with all the legal hurdles, EPA, Neighbors, and super high initial investment costs. So no I won't help you, "Eliminate" any racetracks. If you genuinely care then contact the track directly with either a call or an email. Something to remember is weather plays a big role in track conditions and can be tricky to predict. So if you went to GIS for a special show like the Superbowl deal, that may not represent what it's like on a weekly basis, so it would be hugely unfair to torpedo them on here for one event. I've been active in the sport for 30+ years, seen lots of tracks and surface conditions. Been to the same track multiple times and at times it was awesome and other times embarrassingly terrible. One of my local tracks tried an experiment to get the clay to hold more moisture by grinding up used dry wall and mixing it into the clay. It did NOT work and it was horribly dusty for a long time until they finally got new clay. It would have been unfair to blast them on social media for an expensive experiment that didn't go to plan.

My wife is a nurse and people use social media all the time to try and manipulate things to their own ends. Like how many people allowed in ICU(there is a limit) then going on FB and announcing the hospital is forbidding ANY visitation so that the facility looks bad. Not cool. Put your gun back in the holster and pick up the phone, send an email and be a mature adult.

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    Yeah I agree but if you want to see passing and good racing thats where it needs to go they could get the ruts in the turns fixes but PRP is THE worst for racing. Unless you like watching a train race.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    I'm all in favor of boycotting things that hurt consumers or employees, but boycotting a racetrack on social media is kinda a cowardly way to handle things. Its really, really hard to build tracks these days with all the legal hurdles, EPA, Neighbors, and super high initial investment costs. So no I won't help you, "Eliminate" any racetracks. If you genuinely care then contact the track directly with either a call or an email. Something to remember is weather plays a big role in track conditions and can be tricky to predict. So if you went to GIS for a special show like the Superbowl deal, that may not represent what it's like on a weekly basis, so it would be hugely unfair to torpedo them on here for one event. I've been active in the sport for 30+ years, seen lots of tracks and surface conditions. Been to the same track multiple times and at times it was awesome and other times embarrassingly terrible. One of my local tracks tried an experiment to get the clay to hold more moisture by grinding up used dry wall and mixing it into the clay. It did NOT work and it was horribly dusty for a long time until they finally got new clay. It would have been unfair to blast them on social media for an expensive experiment that didn't go to plan.

My wife is a nurse and people use social media all the time to try and manipulate things to their own ends. Like how many people allowed in ICU(there is a limit) then going on FB and announcing the hospital is forbidding ANY visitation so that the facility looks bad. Not cool. Put your gun back in the holster and pick up the phone, send an email and be a mature adult.
    Do you really think a promoter gives a squat about a few emails or phone calls? Guess again, more likely they will just get pissed and ignore you. And yes even threaten you.

Fans being organized is the only way to get a point across.

Many promoters will do what they can get away with until they finally see an empty grandstand and not even really know why it has become empty.

Fans need to start boycotting to get a point across, so the promoters know what they need to start doing. if not a slow decline will continue in attendance.

I can name tracks that are now closed just because they ignored the advice of fans. One being Bluegrass Speedway Ky. All they did was make excuses why they couldn't prep the track and finally the train racing put them out of business. The stands got emptier each season until they could no longer profit.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 03-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Shouldn't Eldora be boycotted? Seems like all people do after the Dream, World or UMP nationals in complain how bad the track was.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Shouldn't Eldora be boycotted? Seems like all people do after the Dream, World or UMP nationals in complain how bad the track was.
    LOL That would be the day.

Those lemmings would be there even if the track was solid manure!!! hahahahaha

Manure might make the track tacky. On to something?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    LOL That would be the day.

Those lemmings would be there even if the track was solid manure!!! hahahahaha
    lol....... I figured I'd just throw that out there.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 03-09-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post

GIS is and has always been a 1 lane train track, even when it was a super fast 5/8 mile oil based (just like asphalt).

Putting gypsum (calcium sulfate) on a race track was very popular in the 50's and 60's. The thinking was, the moisture would cling to the gypsum particles and keep the moisture in. But it did not seem to work and allowed the tracks to dry out too fast. Its very cheap and many farmers still use it for a calcium source.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

The DTWC at PRP has been a train race every year they've ran there. I live 30 min from PRP and it just kills me how bad the racing is during the DTWC.
    Wait a second where did BShepp start last year?

I wouldn't boycott the track Iam going to mention but the 2013 topless 100 Saturday night portion after the rain went thru they were out there for like 3 hrs packing the track with 2 little Polaris atv witch did nothing then decided that after 3-4 hrs of worthless track packing with 2 atv's they would run the show Sunday afternoon just seem really embarrassing for a Lucas $40k to win show you would think they would have had the proper equipment for a event like that

Anyone that thinks constructive criticism is going to hurt and not help obviously has a veteran $$$$$ intrest in the deal. The only thing that gets any businesses attention is $$$$$ they will change if they can see more $$$$ and they will change if they start see $$$$ not show up!

Quote Originally Posted by th3Swami View Post
    I-79
    St Augustine
    Syracuse
    Dorsey
    Log Cabin
    Morgantown
    Silver Spring
    A few more to add to this...

311, NC
    Metrolina, NC
    Taylorsville, NC
    Thunder Valley, NC
    Chester, SC
    Sugar Creek, SC
    Atomic, TN (Although, they have built a small 1/4 mile track on the same property.)
    Cleveland, TN ???
    Oak Level, VA

And the list goes on and on. If you are not happy with the racing or facilities at a given track, gripe, complain, raise Cain, or go somewhere else. With the emphasis being, go somewhere. If people start boycotting tracks, they soon will be added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Wait a second where did BShepp start last year?
    PRP fan I live near the track and the racing isnt good..

PRP fan I live near the track and the racing isnt good..
    no, it's not good normally.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Bloomquist approves this post 😂