Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SAS announcer

Well i dont mind him. Sometimes he can get little over board but some the stuff gives me a good laugh.

He most be doing something right he still has his job. Most people that are complaining about him, I take most stuff they say with grain of salt. Always complaining about something on this site everyday.

lol how in the world did a thread about a guys voice sounding funny end up being a bible thumping pissing match

Quote Originally Posted by stevensracing_6 View Post
    lol how in the world did a thread about a guys voice sounding funny end up being a bible thumping pissing match
    No flipping idea, other than some of his sayings have God in them, and someone didn't like it. That isn't remotely even close to why I don't really like the guy, just think he's over the top. I'm not much on censorship, being proper, his delivery is what I don't care for. But to each his own.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    He most be doing something right he still has his job.
    he shows up.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Everyone has their own opinion and in mine... that guy is hard to listen to

I rarely hear the announcer unless I'm not at the race and have to watch it online .........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Exactly BBQ, if you are at the race you can't hear it anyway during green laps.

DW is a racing great, a good guy, and a great announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Like I said previously, I don't mind his enthusiasm, but OMG, GGA and other sayings mentioned may be socially common and overlooked in our text savvy world but they are a 10 commandments offense. It's not just using His name as a curse, it's also using His name in any way that doesn't give Him respect and honor. Using it in a cheap throw away style also like has been done by the announcer is offensive and sinful. Just because it has become a common and flippant saying doesn't mean it became ok. I like the guy's passion, he is a breath of fresh air.

http://www.desiringgod.org/interview...s-name-in-vain
    Well I guess we are just going to disagree with that then and if you choose not to go to any SAS races thats your lost not theirs. There will be plenty of people to take your place. I dont see how that is not giving him respect or honor, thats just my opinion and hey we all know what those are like.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Haven't muted him yet, but I agree. Absolutely annoying, over the top, loud mouthed, so called announcer. Do not like him. One no one knows of unless you're from NE Ohio is Jim Pollock. Been a family friend since I was born, and is a great announcer who isn't over the top. Not comparing him to Ozzie or Rick, but he's good.
    Do you ever say anything remotely positive? You've got to be a women, should take another Midol.

He is absolutely terrible! Worst announcer ever! I always mute his retarded screaming! We don't need the thug references and all of his hyper screeching.........I hope he goes away soon. He needs a rev limiter.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Worst ever? Guess most of you never heard of the announcer for the televised jalopy races from Ascot Park in the early '60s. ?ick Lane was primarily a wrestling pitchman and his broadcasts showed that background. He got all excited when a guy did what he called a "crossover". So bad it was almost laughable.

I'd like to double down on my dislike for him. I watched video on DoD this morning. Couldn't wait to hit the mute button. Worst I've ever heard.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by stevensracing_6 View Post
    Am I the only one that wants to stab myself in the face with an ice pick trying to watch an SAS race with the volume up?
    He sounds like he calling a Wrestling Match. Kind of funny, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    DW is a racing great, a good guy, and a great announcer.
    Hope you are serious, because it is true IMO. I do not know how the Waltrips got inserted into this thread. LOL
    Yet, I guess I do. Anything goes in this place

While I might not be a fan of his announcing, I'm not gonna ridicule him for doing something most none of you could come close to doing.
    I will agree with what someone in a prior post said, if he announced a real barn burner of a race, he might have a cardiac arrest. He was pretty giddy with the show at Southern last night. I almost fell asleep.
    8/13/16