Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SAS announcer

Default SAS announcer

Am I the only one that wants to stab myself in the face with an ice pick trying to watch an SAS race with the volume up?

Ole DK has definitely got a style that is all his own, when I try to impersonate him my throat gets sore, lol. One thing's for sure, you can tell he's having fun doin his job.
    Tyler Williams, Announcer for the Southeast Dirt Modified Series, co-host of The Half Priced Concessions Podcast - available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, YouTube and on www.anchor.fm/HPCpodcast

Nope. I cannot watch one of those races on DOD without muting it. I often wonder, if you're at the track do the cars drown him out during the race? If not, I simply don't think I could attend one of those races.

Love the guy.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think he is very entertaining.

He guest announced at the grand re-opening of Blue Ridge motorsports park last year, and I agree. I was sitting near a speaker and my ears hurt from him screaming. He was louder than the cars. And every other sentence is always "OH MY GOD!!!" like chill out dude. I'm more of a fan of people like Rick Eschelman, or my all time favorite, Ozzy Altman. He gets fired up about racing and announcing, in a more professional manner. JMO.

I will never attend a race that he is calling.

mute button for sure.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Mute button all the way! He sucks!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Wll not watch a race he calls. Stop with the "OMG"

I love listening to him. He's got a different style, uses some "sayings" that you old farts wouldn't understand.

Pretty sure he reaches climax 2-3 times per fifty laps.

B_K, he gets there twice in a heat race and once under caution. I will agree that he needs to lose the OMG and also ease up on the screaming. Nothing wrong with the excitement. Just don't scream it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Pretty sure he reaches climax 2-3 times per fifty laps.
    Lmao. Agreed.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Haven't muted him yet, but I agree. Absolutely annoying, over the top, loud mouthed, so called announcer. Do not like him. One no one knows of unless you're from NE Ohio is Jim Pollock. Been a family friend since I was born, and is a great announcer who isn't over the top. Not comparing him to Ozzie or Rick, but he's good.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

You people are terrible. You guys are gonna attack the guy for being different and doing something his own way? The guy enjoys his job. Has a different style. Brings something different to racing. And all you guys do is whine about it. I like the guy. Hes different. He enjoys it. You people need to also..

I could care less about his little sayings and stuff but his voice sounds like a pile of asphalt being ran through a kitchen blender it seems like he over does the voice cause he will sound normal one time and I can deal with that but as soon as it changes I'm on the mute button

That series would be a heck of lot better series without Chris Tiley in it

This series would be a heck of a lot better with Chris Tiley in it

Quote Originally Posted by TCmod View Post
    You people are terrible. You guys are gonna attack the guy for being different and doing something his own way? The guy enjoys his job. Has a different style. Brings something different to racing. And all you guys do is whine about it. I like the guy. Hes different. He enjoys it. You people need to also..
    No we don't. You like him, we don't. It's not rocket science. If he keeps his job, and the series like him, so be it.

You're in the gossip section on a racing site, and we are giving our opinion on a racing announcer. Just because you like him, doesn't mean everyone needs to jump on the happy train with you.