Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAS announcer

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    No we don't. You like him, we don't. It's not rocket science. If he keeps his job, and the series like him, so be it.

You're in the gossip section on a racing site, and we are giving our opinion on a racing announcer. Just because you like him, doesn't mean everyone needs to jump on the happy train with you.
    Lol, you're right. He must come from the participation trophy generation.

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Lol, you're right. He must come from the participation trophy generation.
    I'm right on the edge of that so called generation, and will never agree with that way. We need competition and knowing how to win and lose.

Personally though, it's not the kids who are at fault. It's the parents, those my age(35), and up to about 55-65, who made these new retarded rules for all the kids to get a trophy. Some want to make it political, it's not, it's horrible babyfication by parents who always want their kids to "win". I have two girls and a wife, and guess what, we play games, you win, you earned it. I let no one just win.

I'm sure this will be turned political now, but I hope not. Because it's a parenting generational problem.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I second the notion that the SAS guy needs to back it down a bit. I've never been a fan of over the top announcers. I much prefer a laid back guy like Rick Eshelman or Shane Andrews. Ozzie Altman is a little more animated than those two, but not over the top, and I can dig that, too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I feel this way about James Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    We have a right to let it be known he says some things we'd prefer he NOT say. As to his style, I don't mind that at all, but taking the Lord's name in vein over the PA crosses the line and is totally unnecessary. So until he cleans up, I'll continue muting replays and not attend SAS races. I've already written an email to SAS concerning this and encourage anyone else who agrees to do the same. I don't want him fired or replaced, just to clean up his language when calling races to the public. Have a nice day.
    I understand you not liking his over excitement, but I have attended plenty of SAS races and I dont think his sayings are using the Lords name in vein. He never once uses the GD word. OMG and Good God Almighty I dont think is using them in vein.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

I can't remember one time, that I said who is announcing, before I decided to go to a race. He reminds me of Wolf Man Jack a radio DJ in CA, back in the early 60s As far as the Lords name in vain or sinful, we all should know what the Lord say about that. Judge not, least you be judged. Only the Lord knows what is in his heart. If a Pentecostal preacher can use those words in a sermon on Sunday, why can't he use them on Fri night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6voAw66Bxko

What I keep thinking is he's going bananas calling what's usually below average racing. If he was calling the PDC, he'd croak by lap 9.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    What I keep thinking is he's going bananas calling what's usually below average racing. If he was calling the PDC, he'd croak by lap 9.
    I'll have to say, no matter anyone's opinion on him, this comment is funny! Nice LOL moment. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Most overrated announcer in dirt

I'm right on the edge of that so called generation, and will never agree with that way. We need competition and knowing how to win and lose.

Personally though, it's not the kids who are at fault. It's the parents, those my age(35), and up to about 55-65, who made these new retarded rules for all the kids to get a trophy. Some want to make it political, it's not, it's horrible babyfication by parents who always want their kids to "win". I have two girls and a wife, and guess what, we play games, you win, you earned it. I let no one just win.

I'm sure this will be turned political now, but I hope not. Because it's a parenting generational problem.
    who made these new retarded rules

Do you know that using the R word around people with special needs kids is like using the N word around african american people??????

Hiding behind some abused and misused scripture like, "Judge not..." is not gonna fly, that and no one has offered judgment on him or of him. It is a fact that what he is doing is using the Lord's name in a flippant attempt to color commentate, not pray or preach or quote scripture. In ancient biblical times the Jews were so concerned with accidently doing it that they wouldn't even write His name down...

We have a right to "ask" that he not use that kind of language, if he insists that he must, then we also have the right not to attend or to mute him on replay.

It's not the word, its how you use it. He's not preaching a sermon and he isn't praying.
    If you look Judge Not verse is not a antiquated old testament verse. You may even find, it is written in red. There where quite a few things that changed when the son of God died for our sins. Judging others was one of them. No more stoneings. I'd tell you where it is, but I think it would serve you well to look for it. Here is a hint. It's in the new testament and Mary of Magdeline is involved and it's written in red if my memory serves. Every spoken or unspoken word goes straight to the ear of God. That is what makes him a great Judge. You? Not so much, and he has the power to forgive.

Nobody is worse than those 2 Tennessee hicks. WALTRIP'S X 2

I agree with you "dirtcrazy4u" when I did watch nascar I did so on mute cuz of DW. Love it when a washed up mid pack driver get behind the mic and becomes an expert.

His announcing makes me cringe. Next time I see him I'm gonna politely tell him so.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    So do I! James Essex is as annoying as any announcer I've ever heard!

Haven't muted him yet, but I agree. Absolutely annoying, over the top, loud mouthed, so called announcer. Do not like him. One no one knows of unless you're from NE Ohio is Jim Pollock. Been a family friend since I was born, and is a great announcer who isn't over the top. Not comparing him to Ozzie or Rick, but he's good.
    I'm with you 100% cnbf! His style borderlines on stupidity. Call the race and when things get exciting convey that but this silly over the top stuff is for professional wrestling crowds, not dirt track racing fans.

Scott Daloisio, who is the announcer at Perris Auto Speedway, should start a race announcing school. He's just that good. No BS or hip little colloquialisms, just good informative PA work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I love listening to him. He's got a different style, uses some "sayings" that you old farts wouldn't understand.
    Most race fans we come in contact with, young or old, don't know and don't care about his adolescent pop culture "sayings". Doesn't matter if you're an old fart or not. Keep the urban inbred stuff where it belongs and where it can be bestowed on people shallow enough to appreciate it, and that ain't at a dirt track.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-12-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Nobody is worse than those 2 Tennessee hicks. WALTRIP'S X 2
    Your right nobody worse then them two .But they came from Kentucky, not Tennessee thankfully.

Normally when an announcer is yelling and screaming, he is trying to make sub par racing look to be top notch. As a fan I need an announcer to give me INFORMATION that relates to the race at hand. I don't want him to try to create excitement for me but rather report the facts of the racing action. I can decide if it is worth watching or not. I also don't need a PA announcer to try to yell over the cars on the track. Use the down time for lineups and pertinent information.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    who made these new retarded rules

Do you know that using the R word around people with special needs kids is like using the N word around african american people??????
    In the sports world, our parents did. So all the little leaguers could feel warm and fuzzy.

Yes I know that. But don't confuse me with the Jesus guy on here. I'm not politically correct. Now, if I know someone has family that is mentally challenged, or obviously black or mixed, I do my damdest to respect that. But I'm far from perfect. And I stand behind my statement about retarded rules, I'm not calling a person retarded, calling the new rules retarded. You wanna call it the same thing, have at it. It is not. In school, I stood up for the special needs kids when douchebags tried to be a$$es to them.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    So do I! James Essex is as annoying as any announcer I've ever heard!

I'm with you 100% cnbf! His style borderlines on stupidity. Call the race and when things get exciting convey that but this silly over the top stuff is for professional wrestling crowds, not dirt track racing fans.

Scott Daloisio, who is the announcer at Perris Auto Speedway, should start a race announcing school. He's just that good. No BS or hip little colloquialisms, just good informative PA work.

Most race fans we come in contact with, young or old, don't know and don't care about his adolescent pop culture "sayings". Doesn't matter if you're an old fart or not. Keep the urban inbred stuff where it belongs and where it can be bestowed on people shallow enough to appreciate it, and that ain't at a dirt track.
    Agreed as usual CIRF. With everything.

I'm starting to think 4m needs to require everyone who signs up needs to be able to pass a reading comprehension class. I've been misquoted like 4 times since this thread got going because people either do NOT read what I've written completely or English is their 2nd language.
    Get used to it, it happens all the time around here. They take what you say, twist it, intentionally misinterpret it, read into it, whatever. Just ignore it. If you've tried to explain yourself a second time and they still don't get it, or want to try to pick at you till you sink to their level (or if they just want to just start an argument) let them sit there and twist in the wind. I just leave it alone and after a day or two there's something else over which everyone has their panties in a wad.

And put me in the crowd that could do without all the James Essex histrionics.