Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default ***SMOKY MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY TENNESSEE TIP-OFF CLASSIC Friday night results***

Group A- Fast time 1. Davenport (15.913), 2. McIntosh, 3. Owens, 4. Bloomquist

Group B- Fast time 1. Madden (15.875), 2. McCreadie, 3. McDowell, 4. Arp

Heat 1 transfers- 1. Owens, 2. Davenport, 3. Buckingham, 4. Marlar

Heat 2 transfers- 1. McIntosh, 2. Bloomquist, 3. Chilton, 4. Overton

Heat 3 transfers- 1. Madden, 2. McDowell, 3. Moses, 4. Weiss

Heat 4 transfers- 1. McCreadie, 2. Croft, 3. Arp, 4. Coulter

Line-up for A-Main top 16 tomorrow:
    1. Owens, McIntosh
    2. Madden, McCreadie
    3. Davenport, Bloomquist
    4. McDowell, Croft
    5. Buckingham, Chilton
    6. Moses, Arp
    7. Marlar, Overton
    8. Weiss, Coulter

Why in the hell are they having a consultation race? They show that they are starting 24 cars and only 23 ran heats.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Why in the hell are they having a consultation race? They show that they are starting 24 cars and only 23 ran heats.
    So youll spend a couple more dollars at the concession stand... lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

So what is tomorrows program?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    McCreadey looked very good in his heat. He passed cars on the bottom and was the only car to do so. Track was as you guys call freight train racing maybe a groove down from the wall in 1-2 and a little higher in 3-4. Stands were light but more people will show tomorrow but the weather could hurt the promotion of this race dramatically.
    Thanks Dodgecity...I have been to Smoky Mountain Speedway maybe a couple of handful of times and I have to say I've NEVER seen much passing on this track. I'm not sure why. They turn some very fast speeds but the choo-choo train (follow the leader) racing is disheartening to me, quite honestly. While I like high speeds, I like a racing service whereby there is a lot more passing action. It's kind of sad to live in TN and not be able to enjoy racing like the tracks in the Midwest offer, such as Brownstown, Eldora, Portsmouth, etc. I'm not sure if the promoters don't know how to run in/prepare the tracks in TN or what? Perhaps they are too high banked, etc.? Maybe the red clay versus brown clay is the difference? Nonetheless, I have to go out of state to watch great racing, sadly enough.

Thanks for info about sorry track/racing... I'll save my money and time and avoid a wasted weekend going to Maryville!!!
    As far as this weekend, weather predictions have been posted all week about freezing temperatures, track deserves what it gets for not rescheduling...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    They turn some very fast speeds but the choo-choo train (follow the leader) racing is disheartening to me, quite honestly
    They turn fast speeds at Daytona and Talladega and look how that turns out to be. It's hard to pass when your WFO all the time.

I agree some races are mostly train races, but Smoky puts on some great fast racing at times. And in recent years most races have been fairly competitive. As for East TN tracks having no passing... Tazewell, 411, and Volunteer usually have a great amount of passing. Smoky is worth the trip everytime big drivers are in town, the speed alone has to account for something.I will say I don't see how some get dry so quick around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    Thanks Dodgecity...I have been to Smoky Mountain Speedway maybe a couple of handful of times and I have to say I've NEVER seen much passing on this track. I'm not sure why. They turn some very fast speeds but the choo-choo train (follow the leader) racing is disheartening to me, quite honestly. While I like high speeds, I like a racing service whereby there is a lot more passing action. It's kind of sad to live in TN and not be able to enjoy racing like the tracks in the Midwest offer, such as Brownstown, Eldora, Portsmouth, etc. I'm not sure if the promoters don't know how to run in/prepare the tracks in TN or what? Perhaps they are too high banked, etc.? Maybe the red clay versus brown clay is the difference? Nonetheless, I have to go out of state to watch great racing, sadly enough.

This forecast has been in place all week. The high today is 44 with a north wind. 23 supers. Consolation race? They all make the show. Scratch the non-qualifiers race. It's a good thing 60-70 % of the supers there live within an hour and half from the track.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    This forecast has been in place all week. The high today is 44 with a north wind. 23 supers. Consolation race? They all make the show. Scratch the non-qualifiers race. It's a good thing 60-70 % of the supers there live within an hour and half from the track.
    What about more bang for your buck? I would think most folks would like the extra race.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    What about more bang for your buck? I would think most folks would like the extra race.
    A pointless consi in sh!tty weather, I'd think most would disagree with your statement.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

unless your going to the races, you have no reason to complain. about weather, race program, anything.
    victim

What is their program line up today?

Quote Originally Posted by h2rules View Post
    What is their program line up today?
    I know hot laps start at 2pm. Follwed by b-main race of 12 laps to determine the final 7 positions in a-main. Street stocks are also on theprogram doing qualifying, heats, and a $2000 feature. Not sure how they will work the two. I've found no exact time schedule posted anywhere...here is the payout for tonight's A-main race: Tennessee Tipoff Classic Purse (75 Laps): 1) $15,000, 2) $7,500, 3) $4,500, 4) $3,200, 5) $2,400, 6) $1,800, 7) $1,600, 8) $1,500, 9) $1,400, 10) $1,300, 11) $1,000, 12) $975, 13) $900, 14) $850, 15) $800, 16) $775, 17) $750, 18) $750, 19) $750, 20) $750, 21) $750, 22) $750.