Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    Thanks Dodgecity...I have been to Smoky Mountain Speedway maybe a couple of handful of times and I have to say I've NEVER seen much passing on this track. I'm not sure why. They turn some very fast speeds but the choo-choo train (follow the leader) racing is disheartening to me, quite honestly. While I like high speeds, I like a racing service whereby there is a lot more passing action. It's kind of sad to live in TN and not be able to enjoy racing like the tracks in the Midwest offer, such as Brownstown, Eldora, Portsmouth, etc. I'm not sure if the promoters don't know how to run in/prepare the tracks in TN or what? Perhaps they are too high banked, etc.? Maybe the red clay versus brown clay is the difference? Nonetheless, I have to go out of state to watch great racing, sadly enough.
    Uh too high BANKED how is that possible the track I go to is high banked it's about 20 degrees banking in the corners their is lot of passing all through the field and most of the time passing for the Lead great racing this track is in Pevely mo.
    Last edited by rickybrown1952; 03-11-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    I am what I am

Thanks FAL .... was trying to decide if it was work driving 3 hours. I appreciate your response.

No problem. Let us know how it goes, if you decide to make the trip.

Here's what I found out hot laps at 2:00 racing at 2:30 should be done by 6:30 IMO their running street stocks qualifing, Heats,and 20 lap feature 75 Lap Late Model feature $ 15,000 to win Saturdays ticket prices are as follows Gen. Admission $30 pit pass $40
    I am what I am

Default opinion

You have your opinion. Others have theirs. I go to a lot of races and this is a 'racing gossip" forum. If I choose to complain about poor scheduling or whatever. I will do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    unless your going to the races, you have no reason to complain. about weather, race program, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    unless your going to the races, you have no reason to complain. about weather, race program, anything.
    Except for the fact several of us would have been going except for the weather? The same weather that cost them cars, which in turn makes the consy unnecessary. So that effects the program. Other than that.... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Why in the hell are they having a consultation race? They show that they are starting 24 cars and only 23 ran heats.
    Agree completely. Ridiculous. Just burn the track up a little more before the feature. .....I'm still one saying they'll never get it in.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

It's snowing a little not much at 11:30 am ( I live 10 minutes from the track) maybe this should be called the ice bowl

Weather is saying all precipitation will be gone by 2pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 70satomic View Post
    It's snowing a little not much at 11:30 am ( I live 10 minutes from the track) maybe this should be called the ice bowl
    If it's one groove it can be
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    You have your opinion. Others have theirs. I go to a lot of races and this is a 'racing gossip" forum. If I choose to complain about poor scheduling or whatever. I will do that.
    how many this year?
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Except for the fact several of us would have been going except for the weather? The same weather that cost them cars, which in turn makes the consy unnecessary. So that effects the program. Other than that.... yeah.
    agree on consy
    victim

Postponed due to snow...make up date to be announced later.

I will have to say I'm a bit baffled by this move. It snowed for 45 minutes and it's already over. The snow never stuck to anything at all. You've already ran the entire set of heat races, and you cancel because of snowflakes that didn't affect one thing. Personally if you are already committed, I feel you should make the effort to finish it. The drivers are ready to go. At this point, you make everyone else look smart by saying the races should have never happened. I don't know the rules, but when they give a reschedule date, only 23 cars can race, correct?

You should know why they cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    You should know why they cancelled.
    Yes, I hate to think that, but yes I know. Really should have never tried.

It should have been avoided all together. It's not like you couldn't see this coming. When the word snow is mentioned in the forecast, game over. Like I said earlier in the week, they were on the wrong side of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Postponed due to snow...make up date to be announced later.
    Man I'm tired of being right. ....dumb@ss track promoting of the year so far.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    It should have been avoided all together. It's not like you couldn't see this coming. When the word snow is mentioned in the forecast, game over. Like I said earlier in the week, they were on the wrong side of common sense.
    The Speedway definitely didn't win any fans this weekend. They may have lost some, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtTrackin52 View Post
    See many saying the consi would have been unnecessary but they were actually going to start 22 cars like normal and send one car to the trailer. The top 4 were transferring with 2 provisionals.

Hate the way this all played out for the track and series.
    Surely they were going to start all 23.