Thread: r/f shock

Default r/f shock

I have a shock with 800@2'' rebound,COB digressive piston.If I swap to a shock with 1400@2'' will this tighten the car at the apex?

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    I have a shock with 800@2'' rebound,COB digressive piston.If I swap to a shock with 1400@2'' will this tighten the car at the apex?
    It should loosen the car at the point of throttle up.

Is that much rebound pretty common??? It's way more then I have and wasn't sure

Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    Is that much rebound pretty common??? It's way more then I have and wasn't sure
    It depends on what you're running on the RF. Conventional spring, 2-stage spring, and bump stop setups have different dampening requirements to make it work. What the OP posted would not be uncommon with a bump stop setup.

What are common numbers for a standard rf setup

You think the extra travel from being deeper on the bump will cause a lose of traction at the l/r?

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    You think the extra travel from being deeper on the bump will cause a lose of traction at the l/r?
    Your cars nose is certainly rising when you gas up with the 800 on there. It will do it much less with the new one. My typical setup would push at that point with an 800@2.

Tried the shock at practice,made a change to tighten car on exit at same time.Because everybody kept spinning out we never got any good lap times but the driver liked it.Felt better from entry to middle with no loss in drive.