Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smoky Mountain Speedway takes the lead...

Smoky Mountain Speedway congratulations on taking the lead in the year long race of tracks that flat out screw the fans...
    You have managed to pass every track to date with your lack of common sense and with that comes several raw a$$ fans that will never step foot back on your facilities...
    Hope you are proud of your accomplishment...
    Last edited by wfofan; 03-11-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Those fans bare some responsibility as well. In fact, a reasonable argument can be made that the fan was the one with lack of common sense.

no one made you go, your choice. you knew the risk, and assumed all responsibility. I knew the risk and stayed home.
    victim

I don't know if anyone has noticed or not....this guy never has anything good to say. I wouldn't have left the house with the way the forecast was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed or not....this guy never has anything good to say. I wouldn't have left the house with the way the forecast was looking.
    He probably didn't go but he knows everything sitting there behind his keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Smoky Mountain Speedway congratulations on taking the lead in the year long race of tracks that flat out screw the fans...
    You have managed to pass every track to date with your lack of common sense and with that comes several raw a$$ fans that will never step foot back on your facilities...
    Hope you are proud of your accomplishment...
    So they are really racing??? Just unreal. Should have been postponed two days ago.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 03-13-2017 at 06:29 PM.

wfofan I feel your pain. It just seems that so many tracks are doing a poor job at so many different things it has gotten frustrating. I'm a diehard fan just like you I'm presuming, which makes us easy prey for greedy promoters. Over the years my darling wife has instituted a few rules to help me not be disappointed at dirt tracks. Maybe these could help you out in the future. 1. Never go to races in march too risky. (Yes this was actually her first rule) 2. If the bad nights at a track start to outnumber the good, don't go back no matter what. 3. If mods are there as a support class, don't go. 4. Never buy tickets to a non crown jewel ahead of time. (race cancelled loudspeaker says no cash refunds) 5. Remember if you call and ask about race status the track always says yes were racing everything is fine.

This entire deal just looks fishy from the beginning.

Sometimes you just need to use common sense and see thru the promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Those fans bare some responsibility as well. In fact, a reasonable argument can be made that the fan was the one with lack of common sense.
    Agreed. With that forecast, shouldn't have even attempted to go to the race.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

We tried to tell em Andy. Didn`t we?

We shore did mayor.

If you can see the forecast, why put it on the track, if you go to a snow out. If you look at the schedules in that area, you would have to schedule it for a week night, for months and months, which is exactly what they had to do. Think about the empty seats on a week night, due to work. If that snow would have gone a little north or south, they would have been heroes. This time of year, we all have seen the weather prognosticators off in left field. We all appreciate the early call, but I can see the tracks side too.

I'd say the track will pay for the way it handled this event...

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    I'd say the track will pay for the way it handled this event...
    Doubt it. They tried, you people just had very high expectations with a sh!t forecast.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I'm not sure how you look at that forecast and not cancel. I'm really not sure how you look at that forecast and get in the car willingly.

I pretty sure they paid Fri night feature what they said they would, don't think purse was cut

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgecity View Post
    Late models only ran heats on Friday
    They ran the limited/ sportsman show fri

I think the whole thing was a snow job./smile

I don't post very often but I do read what all of the (so called) race fans post on 4m nearly every day, Wow !! (aside from a couple of people on this thread) what was the track supposed to do they tried to have the race and you all get on here and blast them for calling it off and yet if they would have cancelled it you same people would have blasted them for calling it early. have any of you ever promoted a race or worked at a track in any capacity or for that matter have any of you ever raced ? good grief all of you keyboard cowboys are unbelievable. for the ones that are saying they just took our money no they didn't you willingly pulled thru the gates and handed the track your money. I have never been to a race and got my money back they always honor the tickets at another race and Smoky Mountain has posted you can use your snow out ticket for any race in 2017 yes ANY race whether it be the make up date for this race or the WOO race or the LUCAS race or any other race its your choice. I hate it got cancelled but all the whinning and moaning and groaning on social media won't change that. I for one will be at Smoky Mountain every time they open the gates because I remember what its like when we didn't have a track to go to, so be mad or get glad that they rescheduled but don't bash unless you have lived in the owners and or promoters shoes

Pipe down Jr.