Default Another rear axle question: 09 lazer

Working on an 09 lazer, the previous owner swapped tears to one with a 1" longer left tube. Would I be best off going to a 6" backspace wheel, or run it as-is and see if it's too tight on throttle and compensate elsewhere? It's the driver's first time in a late model, so trying to get a good base setup. I don't want to second guess if the car is right. I come from a stock car background where we usually ended up moving the left rear over for the feature anyway. Typically achieved in other ways on a late model, but how do they respond to just a backspace change on LR?

Mine responses just like the stock car did.I would try it as is.With the big wide nose sometimes the front will turn to good and you have to work to get the car tight.

That's what I was hoping. Having different offset wheels is a real pain. We can always free it up other ways if we need to. Just trying to get a good base setup under it and don't want to get too many variations from what they tell you by the book. If it's not right, I don't want it to be the cars fault. Lol

I had a GF with a big wide nose...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019