Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ben Shelton whining again about social media

It's ok Ben some day everyone will love you.

http://www.onedirt.com/news/create-your-fate/

He is 100% right in my book.

Agree with everything he said.
    8/13/16

To thine own self be true.

Or as we like to say, "fu$@ what everybody else thinks".

Thumbs up Thank you Ben

Very well written, and well said. Spot on, honest, from the heart, true stuff.

I struggle at this very moment with changing who I work for. I'm at an asphalt plant now and run a nice newer 980M loader. I work wayyy too many hours with not enough days off, no paid vacation, no paid holidays, sometimes day shift, sometimes night. But, it's beyond steady work with a one month lay off, and no traveling. Half an hour from the house. I don't wanna leave really for money, just wanna have a life. Most of the other options, doing what I love, working on a utility crew, it equals traveling, and not as steady work, therefore, not as steady pay.

So him reaching out, telling you to take chances, don't listen to the BS outside noise and negativity, hits home.

I thank you Ben and I think it's an excellent piece. Glad you learned to get rid of the dead weight and to not listen to people's BS.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post

Yep BK....
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post

Holy sh!t. That whole article and that's what you got out of it? You are just one special person.

Dude had big peanuts to leave a job of 10yrs. I to left a good paying union job because my fellow workers just hated there jobs. I went on my own for 30+yrs to reach retirement. Was there struggles ? You better believe it. Do I regret it, NO. I regret losing my wife, that's what real life is. Peruse your dreams if at all possible I say. Maybe some are just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post

Yep, I've lived with that in mind my entire adult life.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Dude had big peanuts to leave a job of 10yrs. I to left a good paying union job because my fellow workers just hated there jobs. I went on my own for 30+yrs to reach retirement. Was there struggles ? You better believe it. Do I regret it, NO. I regret losing my wife, that's what real life is. Peruse your dreams if at all possible I say. Maybe some are just jealous.
    Very true. I'm getting too old to do what I do even though I love my job, and there are other things I want to do where I'm my own boss, but there's a lot to consider when you have a wife and kid and mortgage and other obligations. Have to weigh out the risk vs. reward.

But you never know till you try, and I get closer to that each day.

And count me as one of the ones that likes Ben Shelton. He seems like a genuine nice guy.
    Last edited by NormP; 03-12-2017 at 05:43 PM.

I love it when someone comes on a public forum and hide behind a screen name to talk bad about another person.

He hit the nail squarely on the head. Great article by Ben.

You tell 'em Ben. Words to live by, and congrats on accomplishing your goal.

I'm not a fan of his announcing, but he's a solid writer and interviewer.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Dam good article Ben
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

He is 500 % correct and l do not understand why 4m puts up with the a$$holes on this forum.

Good article Ben. You are doing what you love and not to many people get to do that.

I know exactly what he means, it is a tough thing to let go of the known and reach for the unknown... But the things that helped me most were, first my faith in God, second was my wonderfully supportive wife and third were those jeers you get from the ones who think you're foolish. Something else that made me be able to step out was the experience in having the supposedly, "known and stable" ripped from under my feet several times in buy-outs, down-sizing and layoffs. After having experienced all 3 in a few times in my career I realised what most people view as stable and dependable, can be more unpredictable and vicious than going it on your own. Working for someone else you don't usually get to see it coming, in my case they kept telling us everything was great, not to worry and then when they were all set, lowered the boom. After one buy-out they even went thru the charade of discussing what our benefits would be, our new pay scale. In less than a month they dropped us all like a hot rock once we'd showed them what they wanted. My advice to the young, never be a "Company Man", do your job right to the best of your ability, but keep your eyes open and never believe what's too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    I know exactly what he means, it is a tough thing to let go of the known and reach for the unknown... But the things that helped me most were, first my faith in God, second was my wonderfully supportive wife and third were those jeers you get from the ones who think you're foolish. Something else that made me be able to step out was the experience in having the supposedly, "known and stable" ripped from under my feet several times in buy-outs, down-sizing and layoffs. After having experienced all 3 in a few times in my career I realised what most people view as stable and dependable, can be more unpredictable and vicious than going it on your own. Working for someone else you don't usually get to see it coming, in my case they kept telling us everything was great, not to worry and then when they were all set, lowered the boom. After one buy-out they even went thru the charade of discussing what our benefits would be, our new pay scale. In less than a month they dropped us all like a hot rock once we'd showed them what they wanted. My advice to the young, never be a "Company Man", do your job right to the best of your ability, but keep your eyes open and never believe what's too good to be true.
    Well said.

Too many are "company men" anymore. So afraid of their jobs, and will do anything to keep it. Take pride in your work, but don't throw out your morals and what's right for some company who deep down only cares about $$$$.

Glad you brought this to our attention, so we can give props to Ben on another finely written piece.

It's a universal truth that demolition is far easier than construction. Whether one is building a home, race car or career, there are those who prefer to tear down what the brave are building rather than taking the risk to build something of their own. Unfortunately, too many people in America these days prefer to take shots at others rather than trying to accomplish something in their own right to achieve self actualization and a feeling of accomplishment. IMHO, it is why "diversity" is now valued over excellence and many espouse "fairness" rather than achievement.Keep on keeping on Mr. Shelton. We all must look at the man in the mirror each morning and answer to him rather than to the legion of the miserable.