Default Cold Weather Postpones Iron-Man at Blue Ridge; I-75 Raceway Still a GO for Saturday

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cold Temperatures Postpone Iron-Man Series at Blue Ridge; I-75 Raceway Still a Go for Saturday

SOMERSET, KY (April 6, 2017)—The Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Super Late Model Series and the Blue Ridge Motorsports Park located in Blue Ridge, Ga. have agreed to re-schedule the Friday Night April 7th event due to forecasted cold temperatures which are expected to reach the low 30’s and high winds during the evening hours. Blue Ridge also experienced some wind damage as Wednesday’s storms rolled through. The event was scheduled to be opening race of a double-header weekend. Saturday’s event at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater is still on as scheduled paying $3,000-to-win and $300-to-start.

Round two of the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Series will now be at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater, Tenn. on Saturday Night April 8th paying $3,000-to-win and $300-to-start. The feature will be 30 laps in distance. The gates will open Saturday at 3:00 pm at I-75 Raceway with the driver’s meeting set for 6:30 pm and hot laps shortly after.

The Series will make up the event at Blue Ridge Motorsports Park on Saturday Night May 6th paying $3,000-to-win and $300-to-start for the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Super Late Models. This event will be in conjunction with area events (Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series May 4th at Smoky Mountain Speedway $15,000 to win, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series May 5th at Tazewell Speedway and May 5th World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Models at Cherokee Speedway).

Further information on the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Late Models or the Brucebilt Performance Iron-Man Modifieds, contact series promoter Chris Tilley at CT Promotions at (606) 219-1723. The tour can also be viewed online at www.CTPromotions.org or “CT Promotions” via Facebook.

Updated Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Late Model Series Schedule:
    January 28-Boyd’s Speedway-Ringgold, GA-SHANON BUCKINGHAM
    April 8-I-75 Raceway-Sweetwater, TN-$3,000 to win
    May 6-Blue Ridge Motorsports Park-Blue Ridge, GA-$3,000 to win
    May 20-Richmond Raceway-Richmond, KY-$10,000 to win
    June 3-Smoky Mountain Speedway-Maryville, TN-$5,000 to win
    July 1-Tazewell Speedway-Tazewell, TN-$5,000 to win
    July 22-Richmond Raceway-Richmond, KY-$10,000 to win
    August 4-Ponderosa Speedway-Junction City, KY-$3,000 to win
    August 5-Brownstown Speedway-Brownstown, IN-$5,000 to win
    September 3-Tazewell Speedway-Tazewell, TN-$4,400 to win
    September 15-Ponderosa Speedway-Junction City, KY-$3,000 to win
    September 16-Smoky Mountain Speedway-Maryville, TN-$5,000 to win
    October 7-Richmond Raceway-Richmond, KY-$3,000 to win
    November 25-411 Motor Speedway-Seymour, TN-$5,000 to win

Hope to see everyone at I-75 tomorrow night!

It's RACEDAY at I-75!