Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The fellas involvement is just going to show how much the independent hike / roll steer adjustment and davensnorts ability to hammer the cushion was responsible for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    The fellas involvement is just going to show how much the independent hike / roll steer adjustment and davensnorts ability to hammer the cushion was responsible for 2015
    Want to adjust rollsteer independent of hike? Change bar angle or length.

They just recently have had some pretty good engineers working and helping them from Boyer

Hopefully they weren't the ones working on his NASCAR ride the last few years. Yikesssss

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Hopefully they weren't the ones working on his NASCAR ride the last few years. Yikesssss
    If the engineer isn't from this discipline, no matter how good he is, he will need to be pointed to the problem he is supposed to solve. It is unlikely he will watch the car circle the track, identify an issue and identify a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If the engineer isn't from this discipline, no matter how good he is, he will need to be pointed to the problem he is supposed to solve. It is unlikely he will watch the car circle the track, identify an issue and identify a solution.
    I have to agree with you here. Some of these shade tree engineers can hear a engine, watch the brake rotor light up and see which way the front wheels are turning and know more than Einstein. (Everyone is a genius. It just depends on the questions asked.) Albert said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    I have to agree with you here. Some of these shade tree engineers can hear a engine, watch the brake rotor light up and see which way the front wheels are turning and know more than Einstein. (Everyone is a genius. It just depends on the questions asked.) Albert said that.
    To be a consistently good crew chief, that skill is a must. Not all drivers are analytical.

And, unfortunately you better have a good understanding of roll steer and bar lengths and the effects of any change made. So you either better be dang lucky on set up or have a really good unstanding of what those changes do. Let's not forget about shocks and tires. The guys that are good are really good for a reason. I think the difference between a top 5 car and top 15 car today is minimal . A few turns the wrong way and I don't think it matters who is driving anymore.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    ...Not all drivers are analytical.
    You got that right. I've worked with a few that couldn't tell me anything about what the car was doing, they just either liked it or they didn't.