Default Quincy /Fayette County/ Kickapoo Hell Tour

It's time for Hell Tour questions again. I'm trying to set my schedule for July. I'm definitely going to Belleville on 7/5. How is the racing at Quincy (7/3) and Fayette County (7/4)? I've never been to either of these tracks and want to get the best use of my time off. I'm positively staying out through Highland (7/8). Is it worth it to make the trip to Kickapoo (7/9)? I'm driving back to Georgia either 7/9 or 7/10.

By the way, the advice I received last year was spot on. Things couldn't have gone better. Could someone put me on the straight and narrow regarding this years trip?

Thanks in advance.

I have followed the hell tour before, and some of the best racing I have seen was at Kickapoo. I would go.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Overall have seen decent racing at Quincy but been a few years. One of the best late model races have seen was a Deery event maybe a decade back.

Quincy is hit and miss. They reshaped the track last year and I think it hurt the racing just a bit but its a neat little place. Fayette County usually produces great racing, especially on the hell tour. I'd definitely recommend hitting that one, and make sure to get one of their steak sandwiches while you're there!

All tracks are hit and miss even fals has a bad show on a occasion with saying that I would suggest hitting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Quincy is hit and miss. They reshaped the track last year and I think it hurt the racing just a bit but its a neat little place. Fayette County usually produces great racing, especially on the hell tour. I'd definitely recommend hitting that one, and make sure to get one of their steak sandwiches while you're there!
    I think you will be happy ... Change for good racing at all 3 are real Good.....Ryans right the Steak S are real good...

Thanks for the info. If anybody else has ideas, bring it . I'm all ears.

Kickapoo??? Do you mean Kankakee?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Kickapoo??? Do you mean Kankakee?
    NO. Kickapoo is the old Vermilion County Speedway in Danville, Illinois. The guy that owns Daugherty Speedway in Boswell, Indiana got the Vermilion County fair board to let him run it in late 2015.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 03-15-2017 at 06:29 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

No Kickapoo is the state park next to the speedway

There is no need to change the name of the track. Vermilion County Speedway is just fine. No need for every promoter to come in and get fancy with naming a track. Seems that happens a lot. People know it's the same track. You're not tricking fans into coming to a "new" track. My .02.

That being said I don't care what the tracks called. If they run late models and I'm not working I'll be there. When prepped right it can still put on a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    No Kickapoo is the state park next to the speedway
    The old track was called Kickapoo when they moved the track to the new spot they changed it too VCS menny years a go...

I hate sand in my sneakers
    8/13/16

Maybe your
    Thinking Cornell? It was right on the river in Danville right across from my house. Also Danville area has deep roots with the Kickapoo Indians
    Last edited by golddirt; 03-15-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Maybe your
    Thinking Cornell? It was right on the river in Danville right across from my house. Also Danville area has deep roots with the Kickapoo Indians
    I was told by a old timer (witch I is now lol) a long time a go there was a track that was called Kickapoo By danville Were it was i do not know...been told by more then 1 person there was a 2nd track a long time a go...

The other one was what Was known as the old fairgrounds on voorhees when I get time I'll do some research. Anyway Danville isn't dead yet

The other one was what Was known as the old fairgrounds on voorhees when I get time I'll do some research. Anyway Danville isn't dead yet
    I use to love going there on sunday have seen a lot of good racing there NAMS had some of there best races there....

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    NO. Kickapoo is the old Vermilion County Speedway in Danville, Illinois. The guy that owns Daugherty Speedway in Boswell, Indiana got the Vermilion County fair board to let him run it in late 2015.
    When we used to go there we always called it Danville
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that name change.