FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 13, 2017

Ashley Newman Takes First Checkered Flag of 2017

Dyersburg, Tennessee (03/13/17) – Over the weekend Jim Seratt Racing once again found itself in Victory Lane with the team’s latest triumph coming at Whynot Motorsports Park, where Ashley Newman stormed from deep in the field to score the opening night Modified win in the inaugural Battle of the States.

“I figured since Preston [Seratt] got a win last week, that I better get in gear and win one this week to keep pace with him,” laughed Newman. “Seriously though, I can’t thank Mr. Jim Seratt and Preston enough for this great opportunity. They’ve given me a great opportunity with this team, and I’m just glad to put this #73 MBR Race Car/ Mullins Racing Engine Modified in Victory Lane.”

Jim Seratt Racing was back in action on Friday night with Preston Seratt and Ashley Newman competing in the opening round of the two-day Battle of the States at Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi). With both drivers drawing for their starting spots in the heats, Seratt came from the tail of the field to place 5th, while Ashley came from the back of his heat to finish 8th.
In the feature, Ashley Newman methodically wheeled his way from the back of the pack to the lead, capturing his first victory of the season. Meanwhile, Preston crossed the finish line back in 4th. Ben Stephens, Toby Hodge, Seratt, and Randy King rounded out the Top 5 finishers.

The second night of the 4th annual Battle of the States was postponed due to inclement weather.

“Obviously I would’ve loved to have gotten another win, but as long as one of these team cars is getting the victory that’s really all that matters,” said Seratt. “We’re starting to get a good handle on these new cars. We’re going to take the next few weeks to go through them before racing season kicks into high gear.”

For full results from this event, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

Next on tap for the team is a trip to Smoky Mountain Speedway on April 1 to compete with the Southeastern Dirt Modified Series (SEDMS). For more information on the program, please visit www.SmokyMountainSpeedway.com .

Preston Seratt would like to thank his marketing partners, including J&P Machine Repair, DC Electric Rebuilders, Wehrs Machine, KSE Racing Products, Dirt Defender, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, McArmour Enterprises, KBC Graphix, D.S.I. Performance, Arizona Sport Shirts, Race Wise Track Chassis School by Mark Bush, Mark Bush Racing, Mullins Race Engines, Lowery’s Body Shop & Wrecker Service, 45 Race Shop, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Preston Seratt, please visit www.PrestonSeratt29.com .