Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    So the race is called, "The Ice Breaker" but it's being called for, being too cold....
    There is irony in that somewhere.
    Maybe rename it The Black Ice Breaker?? hahahaha More appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by mskdorf View Post
    Yes, it will be a points race but they cut it to 30 laps and $7000 to win. Then they cut the Jackson to $15,000. Can't figure that out. Why couldn't they schedule it for Thursday like they did the Ralph Latham last year?
    I really really don't like these moves. Cutting both events, sadly.

Seems to be happening more and more these days.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    What a crock of crap. I sat in 28 degree weather at LaSalle (IL) Speedway a few years ago for the Thaw Brawl. Too cold please... People should learn to dress for the weather... A coupld of years ago when Tim Keithly ran Brownstown it rained hard as he!! earlier in the day and they still ran the Indiana Icebreaker... He just sold the teams bales of hay...
    I remember that night as well. It was below freezing when I left the track. Coldest I've ever been at a race track.
    8/13/16

Hate it got cancelled for those that were planning to go but...

The cancellation added another race for me in April.

Atomic, Sharon, Hagerstown and Port Royal.

Four new tracks for me and my crew!!

Cold and rainy simply not a good recipe for a dirt track race. The promoters had no choice IMO. Interesting reschedule decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I really really don't like these moves. Cutting both events, sadly.
    Yep, no matter how you slice it.....Brownstown lost a Lucas date and the Jackson purse is cut.

I'm all for a Steve Barnett race on the Friday of the Jackson but would have preferred if that was an addition to the originally planned Saturday show/purse and a rescheduled date for the Icebreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I remember that night as well. It was below freezing when I left the track. Coldest I've ever been at a race track.
    So none of you guys have ever been to a sno cross race?

i sat through one them their icebreakers with snow flurries and if i remember right it was one hell of a race but my antifreeze was starting to kick in and it was`nt coors llight.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    i sat through one them their icebreakers with snow flurries and if i remember right it was one hell of a race but my antifreeze was starting to kick in and it was`nt coors llight.
    Been to snowmobile races up by Ely Mn the last one i went to was a warm day it was 20 below that time of the year i have seen it at 40 below...But you live in gear thats good for 60 below and it ant cheap...Them were the days lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duke100 View Post
    So none of you guys have ever been to a sno cross race?
    Not only have I never been, I'm not sure what one even is.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not only have I never been, I'm not sure what one even is.
    Tyler Hibbert is I think is his name. Like a God in the snowcross ranks. Part of XGames. Actually pretty interesting, other than he usually runs away with it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    What a crock of crap. I sat in 28 degree weather at LaSalle (IL) Speedway a few years ago for the Thaw Brawl. Too cold please... People should learn to dress for the weather... A coupld of years ago when Tim Keithly ran Brownstown it rained hard as he!! earlier in the day and they still ran the Indiana Icebreaker... He just sold the teams bales of hay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    If its to cold the kids cant use there fingers on there phones now .. all a bunch of Pu==ys
    I work in the sh!t every single day, my idea of enjoyment is not to pay money to sit in it also. These races wouldn't have ran no matter what. The weather is sh!t. Cold and rainy all week. They'd have ran it in your heads somehow, and then there'd be a sh!tload of torn up cars. Well, what little cars and fans that woulda showed up to these make believe races because there was no way in he!! they coulda ran.

They make a good, sound decision for everyone involved, and some still precede to b!tch.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I work in the sh!t every single day, my idea of enjoyment is not to pay money to sit in it also. These races wouldn't have ran no matter what. The weather is sh!t. Cold and rainy all week. They'd have ran it in your heads somehow, and then there'd be a sh!tload of torn up cars. Well, what little cars and fans that woulda showed up to these make believe races because there was no way in he!! they coulda ran.

They make a good, sound decision for everyone involved, and some still precede to b!tch.
    My post was more lol at the kids to day... You would not see me there... Its just to cold to race and i think they had no way too run this race...weather is what it is, you have too live with it .. they did the right thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    My post was more lol at the kids to day... You would not see me there... Its just to cold to race and i think they had no way too run this race...weather is what it is, you have too live with it .. they did the right thing...
    Sorry CarDirt, I thought you meant this particular weekend. Gotcha though.