Default Clint Smith Racing Following Southern All-Stars

Just seen it on his schedule, how do yall think he will do?

http://www.clintsmith.com/44schedule.html

He's the only name I have seen that is going to follow it this year.

He becomes the only SAS 5 time champ and takes it with a wide margin.

Write him the check,

SAS has too many $4K to win shows this year. As every cost is going up, the SAS purses are going down.

I remember a time where every SAS race paid $5,000 to win and was the premier series in the South East area.

He looked horrible this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    He's the only name I have seen that is going to follow it this year.
    Well, seems like he's got the inside track to winning it LOL
    -Adam Conners

From what I am hearing is Clint is going to see where he is at after the Smoky Mt race, and then decide if he is going to continue. He wanted to race against Riley and battle him for a 5th championship but Riley is not on tour this year. So that may have some effect on what he does, but the other that were at the races this past weekend at Southern I would say are pretty well committed to series now. Casey Roberts is a money chaser but I think 2-7 in points and Eric Hickerson are the guys that will be running for points this year, they have been to all the races. ' 1.Casey Roberts 282; 2.Bo Shirley 250; 3.Clint Smith 242; 4.T J Reaid 224; 5.Austin Horton 222; 6,Tristan Sealy 216; 7.Brad Skinner 196; 8.Tyler Millwood 184; 9.Ryan Crane 178; 10.Eric Hickerson 176

Casey is far from and much more than just a money chaser.........just pointing it out.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I've read/heard a couple of times that Casey isn't going to chase any series. Maybe that changes with the sweep this past weekend, but I kind of doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I've read/heard a couple of times that Casey isn't going to chase any series. Maybe that changes with the sweep this past weekend, but I kind of doubt it.
    If they can't get any faster cars to run, Casey would get super bored running that series. No offense to the other guys, but it wouldn't even be close. Obviously some of their 10k races have and will bring in some stiffer competition, but I'm not afraid to say that I was disappointed with the quality of cars they delivered. I thought the SAS were a little more heavy than that.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    If they can't get any faster cars to run, Casey would get super bored running that series. No offense to the other guys, but it wouldn't even be close. Obviously some of their 10k races have and will bring in some stiffer competition, but I'm not afraid to say that I was disappointed with the quality of cars they delivered. I thought the SAS were a little more heavy than that.
    SAS has some stout fields, but with all of the Southern regional series plus the two national series always around, it's tough to get more than one or two guys to run a full series.

I agree that Casey made the races a joke, but I am glad SAS tried to expand the map. I don't know what the payout through the field was, but I'm sure those local and regional guys were glad to have a chance to run for a good pay day against Clint and Casey. It wouldn't have taken more than a couple of flat tires on the 101 to give someone else a big win.

It was a long way down there .......probably kept some from coming.

It's cool that they sas went down there , 15 minutes or so from the beach, I'll go next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It was a long way down there .......probably kept some from coming.

It's cool that they sas went down there , 15 minutes or so from the beach, I'll go next year.

Yeah it was a good event, nice weather, slingin' dirt. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I went (only 45 minutes from my house) but I was hoping for few better cars to show up, especially with not much else going on that weekend.

Those MSCCS guys had a race Saturday for half the "to-win" money and had at least 2-3 times as many good cars.

As you mentioned, I was thinking the beach factor might be the trump card for some more teams coming down, bring the family and spend a couple days at the beach, but I guess not.

I don't know if they got that message out........I know it was called the beach bash, aside from that I never really put two and two together enough to figure it out.

I live at the beach anyway so that's not the enticing part......dirt track being 15 minutes from the beach, that's enticing to me.

See you there next year

Smart move by Clint, should have done it years ago though.