Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jonathan Davenport

Seen today where Jonathan Davenport will be at Lancaster Super Speedway located in Lancaster, South Carolina this Saturday Night March 18th for the $5,000 to win Carolina Clash Super Late Model Race.

Going to be a good one seeing Davenport race against Ross Bailes, Johnny Pursley, Ben Watkins, Jeff Smith, Zack Mitchell, Michael Brown, Josh Langley and many more who can get around the Big 1/2 Mile pretty good.

There are a bunch of races down south this weekend with the Ultimate, Carolina Clash, and SN Bonus races. I'm itching to go to the races, it doesn't look good for Atomic, Legendary Hilltop this weekend up here. What's going to be the best show down that way?

Davenport raced against those guys last weekend at carolina and finished 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    There are a bunch of races down south this weekend with the Ultimate, Carolina Clash, and SN Bonus races. I'm itching to go to the races, it doesn't look good for Atomic, Legendary Hilltop this weekend up here. What's going to be the best show down that way?
    I work for Lancaster so I would say Lancaster anyways lol, but you are right. All 3 will be great races this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan-00-01-F1 View Post
    Davenport raced against those guys last weekend at carolina and finished 16th

I think his car had trouble but not sure.

Davenport usually gets around Lancaster pretty good, he puts on a show going around the 1/2 Mile.

Davenport was flying high and fast (up to 9th from 14th just 12 laps in) until his front end got folded under. The track conditions were not good at all. They decided to pull it in rather than continue to try to fight with the track and do more damage to car. Also, JD is staying south thing weekend because him and BW don't trust that Lucas will get both or even one of the races in with the weather in Ohio and Indiana. It's a safe play. Especially after last weekend with what happened in Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Michael Knight View Post
    I work for Lancaster so I would say Lancaster anyways lol, but you are right. All 3 will be great races this weekend.
    I love lancaster speedway, great racing,great food.
    Only problem is i hate looking at backs of peoples heads cuz they wont sit down while watching the race. Very inconsiderate and rude.

Weather is 40% showerz as of tuesday. I hope that changez
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I love lancaster speedway, great racing,great food.
    Only problem is i hate looking at backs of peoples heads cuz they wont sit down while watching the race. Very inconsiderate and rude.

Weather is 40% showerz as of tuesday. I hope that changez
    Thank you! The racing is still great and the food is even better now.

About the fans standing up, yeah that is a tradition at Lancaster, our fans stand up for any race there is. It has been like that ever since Lancaster open up, I am 26 years old and been going all my life. I can remember back in the 1990's when the fans was standing up back then.

That is how the Lancaster fans are notice when we go to other tracks, we like to stand up to watch a race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Michael Knight View Post
    Thank you! The racing is still great and the food is even better now.

About the fans standing up, yeah that is a tradition at Lancaster, our fans stand up for any race there is. It has been like that ever since Lancaster open up, I am 26 years old and been going all my life. I can remember back in the 1990's when the fans was standing up back then.

That is how the Lancaster fans are notice when we go to other tracks, we like to stand up to watch a race lol.

Well thats not something to be proud of standing up in frt of somebody the whole race. I know numerous fans that dont go cuz of that. Im not saying to not stand up here and there but if everybody sat down everybody could see! Most of the time its the BOFRNG doing it. Sorry thats just how i feel about this continueing problem there.
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 03-14-2017 at 09:50 PM.

If you want to see some high speed racing this is the place to go

The last time I was at Lancaster it was so dusty I couldn't see the track standing right on the inside wall, not something that I'd want to endure again.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I love lancaster speedway, great racing,great food.Only problem is i hate looking at backs of peoples heads cuz they wont sit down while watching the race. Very inconsiderate and rude.Weather is 40% showerz as of tuesday. I hope that changez
    What I do, if the people in front of me are standing up. I stand up. When they sit down, I sit down. It works pretty good.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

It's a pretty neat venue..........one of those that oozes history when you pull in.

And they haul the dam mail around that place.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's a pretty neat venue..........one of those that oozes history when you pull in.

And they haul the dam mail around that place.

Yes most deffinatly bbq.

Not making an excuse per se, but could it be Barry and JD are off in the HP department, I noticed they aren't running their usual Clements House of Power... I believe it's a Hatfield, but definitely not Clements.
    (at least not on the hood)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Not making an excuse per se, but could it be Barry and JD are off in the HP department, I noticed they aren't running their usual Clements House of Power... I believe it's a Hatfield, but definitely not Clements.
    (at least not on the hood)
    That is their chosen powerplant for 2017.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That is their chosen powerplant for 2017.
    Is it what they want or did it fit the budget better? Barry & Clements are synonymous in my area, literally only like 2 doors apart from each other... Hatfield I haven't seen in these parts since Marshall Green ran them(after winning the DTWC with Custom).

That standing up thing can be a problem. About 5 years ago, I seen standers in front of handicapped people, who struggled to get a better seat, higher. When asked to sit, they said FU. I and the people around us, where never more ashamed of a race fans.

Even with out any handicapped, you paid good money along with everyone else around you to have a seat where you could see the race and as something exciting is happening, you decide to take that good view from everyone behind you. How about the kids, that just don't stand as tall to see? By the time they get stood up on the seat, it's over and you have taken the best part of the race from them. It's just consideration of others.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Is it what they want or did it fit the budget better? Barry & Clements are synonymous in my area, literally only like 2 doors apart from each other... Hatfield I haven't seen in these parts since Marshall Green ran them(after winning the DTWC with Custom).
    I would guess budget.

just came from a Moyer thread and he's getting blasted for cherry picking... guess Superman can do it just like Moyer is... I really don't believe in CP because of what it costs to race and I feel like they can go where they want to... Bobby gets it all the time when he stays home and races around here and I don't get that either but it's an opinion website right..