Default ArkLaTex Speedway. Nice...

Just watched the Pelican race on DoD. Wow! Great racing. Know they been having it for awhile now. Just need them to have a real big race. Lucas or Outlaw maybe. I'd definitely make the trip.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Most time the pelican is 10k 100 laps. They had Lucas race there about 2 or 3 years ago. Had 50+ car count really great racing. But think it just cost track so much put that show on reason they didn't reschedule another Lucas race.

I think if it was 10k race they could picked up more cars since Lucas friday and sat. Got cancelled. But glad they got pelican race this year mother nature been messing up the past two pelican race.

@ dirt crow ... 2014 Lucas at arklatex speedway
    http://dirtondirt.com/video.php?watc...&year=2014#vid

Best track in the south, they don't have to have big races because they get 120 cars and a packed house for a normal Saturday night show. Makes business sense to not have a big show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigracer93 View Post
    Best track in the south, they don't have to have big races because they get 120 cars and a packed house for a normal Saturday night show. Makes business sense to not have a big show.
    I can understand that. But I can't drive 8 hrs for local racers.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    @ dirt crow ... 2014 Lucas at arklatex speedway
    http://dirtondirt.com/video.php?watc...&year=2014#vid
    That was a good race. Thumbs up !
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That was a good race. Thumbs up !
    2013 Pelican wasn't bad either... https://youtu.be/Z_I8N4ZSnLI

2012 & 2011... just as good!
    Last edited by hook; 03-18-2017 at 06:32 PM.

2015 sucked though - hard to pack 2 inches of snow

Ark-La-Tex is 960 miles from my home. After what I saw there last Saturday, I would gladly make the trip again.
    This is one of the best, if not the best tracks in the world. It is wide, high banked, smaller size and the cars use every inch of the track all night long.

The multiple grooves just don't go away. The only other track that is comparable is Attica. These promoters that can't keep their tracks raceable should go to Ark-La-Tex or Attica to see these dish banking configurations. They provide the best racing possible. Even when the track slicks off, the top is still there because of the banking.

As amazing as Ark-La-Tex looks on video, it is a must-see in person because it is even better than it is in the videos. Tracks always look lower banked and slower on video. Ark-La-Tex is high banked and fast. It's race that tracks with this much speed provide 3 wide (and even 4 wide racing), but Ark-La-Tex does.

As far as Lucas, they held a Lucas show a couple years ago. This track only has seating for about 1,000, so mega-high payoffs are not a wise business move. The limited seating is the only drawback on the entire facility, as overall its a nice facility. Payoffs that they control, like the Pelican, are their best bets for successful events. Don't let the lack of sanction keep you from going there. It's just jaw dropping to see it in person.

If the Pelican was a 2-day show with a lesser paying race on Friday, the car count would have been better.

Would love to check this place out some time. Looks like they run a limited schedule though with Late Models only there 2-3 times a year. The pelican and a Comp Cams series race is all I saw. Not sure if the Cajun Classic includes Late models are not. Looks like Modifieds are their top division.