Thread: New Rayburn

Default New Rayburn

Wondering if CJ's new setup will have more side bite and roll steer. Has anyone tried any of the new rf setups with a swing arm? I'd like to see the old man have another come back.

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    Wondering if CJ's new setup will have more side bite and roll steer. Has anyone tried any of the new rf setups with a swing arm? I'd like to see the old man have another come back.
    thats the old saying, "just wait around, they will be right back"
    there wasn't much wrong with the 104 cars, i think they would be competitive today with just a little work

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    there wasn't much wrong with the 104 cars, i think they would be competitive today with just a little work
    I already know they can be.

Thumbs up Stronger than dirt

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I already know they can be.
    It's nice to find a few sane guys on here that haven't totally gone, "Lemming-Nutter". Not so sure CJ needed anymore roll steer, that's one of the issues that the split cage deal was addressing before being outlawed by the "Gestapo Rules Committee" under the, "Rumley Rule". If CJ could get a decent driver to hang around more than a race or two I think they could demonstrate his cars relevance. The way it is now, your branded an idiot or a loon just for suggesting his cars can work.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    It's nice to find a few sane guys on here that haven't totally gone, "Lemming-Nutter". Not so sure CJ needed anymore roll steer, that's one of the issues that the split cage deal was addressing before being outlawed by the "Gestapo Rules Committee" under the, "Rumley Rule". If CJ could get a decent driver to hang around more than a race or two I think they could demonstrate his cars relevance. The way it is now, your branded an idiot or a loon just for suggesting his cars can work.
    There is a guy in north western pa that won around a dozen features last year in one against more than one xr1s in supers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by m_stagev View Post
    There is a guy in north western pa that won around a dozen features last year in one against more than one xr1s in supers
    That's awesome! Any idea what his name is?

Possibly Dave Hess Jr.

Hess did very well against guys in XR-1 and Longhorns on the same level. He had a really good year last year. I don't know that it proves it, but it gives hope that if someone at a national touring level ran their cars, they could run with the best in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Basecircle View Post
    Hess did very well against guys in XR-1 and Longhorns on the same level. He had a really good year last year. I don't know that it proves it, but it gives hope that if someone at a national touring level ran their cars, they could run with the best in the business.
    there are some videos of the races on race stud.com

Quote Originally Posted by primal2 View Post
    Possibly Dave Hess Jr.
    It is Dave Hess Jr. He ran pretty good in the Rayburn this past year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!