For Immediate Release
March 20, 2017

Austin Theiss Tops STLMS at Cotton Bowl Speedway

Hockley, Texas (03/20/17) –Austin Theiss powered his Northside Plumbing Supply #7D MB Customs/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model to his first victory of the season on Saturday night. The triumph came with the Southern Texas Late Model Series at Cotton Bowl Speedway.

“It feels so great to get back to Victory Lane,” said the 20-year-old Theiss. “We learned so much on the road last year with the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series, and it feels good to see the results starting to come early this season. Hopefully this is the first of many wins to come. I want to thank my parents, my team, my sponsors, and my fans for their support.”

On Friday night Austin Theiss was one of 25 Super Late Models registered for action at Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana) for the annual Pelican 50. Starting 9th in his heat race, Theiss posted a 7th place finish, positioning him 19th on the starting grid for the feature. With $5,000 on the line, Austin was forced to retire early from the A-Main after experiencing overheating issues.

The following night brought Theiss to Cotton Bowl Speedway (Paige, Texas) for the Southern Texas Late Model Series (STLMS) season opener. In a field of 17 entries, Theiss improved four spots to place 3rd in his heat. Rolling off 6th for the A-Main, Austin blasted the top groove of the track on his way to the lead. He would go on to score his first victory of the season and an $800 payday. Colton Horner, Kevin Sitton, G.W. Egbert, and Jim Moon completed the Top 5 finishers.

Full results from these events are available at www.ArkLaTexSpeedway.net and www.SouthernTexasLateModelSeries.com.

The team will take the upcoming weekend off before returning to action on March 31 – April 1 with a pair of COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) events. Action opens on Friday night at Timberline Speedway (Corley, Texas) before moving to Lone Star Speedway (Kilgore, Texas) on Saturday evening. For more information on the events, please visit www.COMPDirt.com .

Austin Theiss and Theiss Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors including Saye Plumbing Contractors, Inc., Northside Plumbing Supply, Nolls Automotive, Integra Racing Shocks, MB Customs Race Cars, Love Graphics, Razor Edge Graphics, Bodies by Theiss Motorsports, Vic Hill Race Engines, GRT Race Cars, Race Safe Technologies, DirtCarLift.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Austin Theiss, please visit www.AustinTheiss.com .