For Immediate Release
March 20, 2017

Garrett Alberson Has Strong Weekend in Louisiana and Mississippi

Shreveport, Louisiana (03/20/17) – Garrett Alberson went into battle over the weekend in Louisiana and Arkansas and came away with a pair of runner-up finishes to show for his efforts in the Childress Racing #F5 Black Diamond Chassis/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Behind the wheel of the Childress Racing #F5 Super Late Model, Garrett Alberson invaded Ark-La-Tex Speedway (Vivian, Louisiana) on Friday night for the rescheduled Pelican 50. In a field of 25 cars, Alberson locked his spot into the $5,000-to-win A-Main with a runner-up finish behind Tyler Erb in his heat race.

Rolling off 5th, Alberson worked his way up to challenge the leader early in the 50-lapper. Battling for the top spot in the closing laps, Garrett jumped into the lead on the white flag lap, but his pass coming to the checkers was nullified by a caution. Hanging onto a podium finish, Garrett Alberson landed a runner-up finish behind Timothy Culp with B.J. Robinson, Jon Mitchell, and Billy Moyer Jr. completing the Top-5 finishers.

On Saturday Garrett stopped at Jackson Motor Speedway (Byram, Mississippi) for the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) season-opener. Timing in fifth fastest in a field of 29 Super Late Models, Alberson earned the 5th-starting spot for the $2,500-to-win feature. Bringing home another podium finish, Garrett made a late-race charge for the lead in the final laps but came up short, finishing 2nd behind Billy Moyer Jr. Hunter Rasdon, and B.J. Robinson with Kyle Beard rounding out the Top 5.

“I really didn’t need that caution coming to the first checkered on Friday night at Ark-La-Tex, but it is what it is,” said Alberson. “It was a really solid weekend for our team. I have to thank the Childress family for this great opportunity to drive this car. We’ve got a really good car this season, and I couldn’t be more excited.”

Full results from these events can be found at www.ArkLaTexSpeedway.com and www.StateSeries.com .

The upcoming weekend will take Garrett into battle in a trio of World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series action. Action opens on Friday night at Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi) before moving to I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) on Saturday night. The weekend draws to a close on Sunday evening at Lone Star Speedway (Kilgore, Texas). For more information on the events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Garrett Alberson would like to thank all of his sponsors including Childress Fishing & Rental, Childress Inspection Services, Penske Shocks by PRP Suspension, J&J Motorsports, Stuckey Enterprises, Black Diamond Race Car, Durham Race Engines, Superior Graphics, BSB Manufacturing, All Star Performance, CV Race Products, Deetz Racing, Batteries Plus Bulbs, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rio Grande Foot Clinic, Argyle Welding Supply Co., Wehrs Machine, J. Craig's Tile Company, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Garrett Alberson please visit www.GarrettAlberson.com .