Default Whynot questions.....

Coming Friday for the Outlaws. Haven't been to Whynot in almost 30 years. What's the seating like? Folding chairs? Benches? Best spot? Cooler? Yay or nay?
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Ive only been a couple times over the past few seasons but I dont recall seeing anyone in lawn chairs. They have big wide bench type bleachers with metal on them. Careful they end up being super slick by the end of the night. Ive sat on turn 4 end both times and can see relatively well. The flagstand is wrapped in material so try to sit high up enough to avoid it blocking your view...thats the only complaint to be had about whynot. Not sure on the coolers, seems that the concession stand only has sundrop though. See you there...

Thank you sir. That's good info. Weather looking good. Think we in for a treat.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Hey dirt crow private message "slmcrewchief99" he maybe able help you on the other info you are looking for whynot.

I've been there once few years ago for the fall classic and I didn't see any lawn chairs and remember seeing them make a couple guys take their coolers back to their vehicles. I'd take them with me and have in vehicle and just see what folks is doing.

No lawn chairs in the grandstand area and I don't believe they allow coolers, don't remember ever seeing any anyhow. They do sell beer but I'm not a drinker so I don't know what kind or how expensive. The stands kinda suck, unless you have small feet you have to turn your feet at an angle to fit them in. The good, track prep allows for really good racing and I don't think you will be disappointed. They usually keep the show moving and get things done in a timely manner. I love Magnolia but Whynot is my favorite.

I'll have to pass this time sadly, never been to Whynot. Maybe get to see some of ya'll the Clash @ The Mag in a few months.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Coming Friday for the Outlaws. Haven't been to Whynot in almost 30 years. What's the seating like? Folding chairs? Benches? Best spot? Cooler? Yay or nay?
    Last time I was there was 89' or 90' I believe. For the Magnolia 100, an ALRA event I think. Moyer was in his then, "new" Rayburn swingarm and Freddy was in his "G-Force" leaf spring car. They had a bare chassis on display and were taking orders. $10K to win, Moyer took it with The Southern Gentleman 2nd. I liked the chassis/suspension diversity we had back then better than today's copy, copy, copy.

Back then at Magnolia they had reserved places along the fence and you could build any kinda structure you wanted in your spot and it stayed there all season. People had multi-level buildings with locking doors and balconies, parked trucks with platforms built in the bed and anything else you could imagine. Only place I've ever seen that way.

You do park inside the fence so bring what you want to drink. Seen they was replacing boards on the stands in turn one. Hope to replace the upper rows above the metal covered main stands. I've took a little 6 pack cooler the last couple years for the fall classic with no problems. No lawn chair section but you can back up to the fence in turn one and two to sit in them in your truck bed.