Thumbs up 201 Speedway (KY) closing it's gates. Breeding facing 30 months in jail for taxes.

Kentucky's 201 Speedway closing it's gates.
    Article on the Dirt On Dirt website.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 03-22-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

credit: DirtonDirt.com

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    credit: DirtonDirt.com
    What??? And not ole copy and paste????

Sorry to hear this, but it happens. The IRS scares me more than just about anything, not that what he did was ok, it wasn't but if they wanna go rogue and go after someone, they can and have.

It's a shame that someone really interested in the future of racing doesn't get this track.
    Very good track with potential.
    Over the years I have seen some great racing and some dust bowls seance the Breedings took it over.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but it happens. The IRS scares me more than just about anything, not that what he did was ok, it wasn't but if they wanna go rogue and go after someone, they can and have.
    And if you keep your sh!t in check and don't try and pull a fast one on them, you'll be fine. You may have to take them to court, but fukin the man never turns out very well.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They asked for our thoughts and prayers, lol. I know people under report, but you can't do it to the point he did. Don't be a crook and you won't have to worry about thoughts and prayers when you go off to jail for being shady.

Hopefully someone gets the track who is decent. Not sure how it's deeded and that, as to who will have the rights to sell it. Always thought it was a neat place. Shame stuff turned out as it did.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I'm guessing it goes to auction to pay debts?

The track is not going to be sold or auctioned. The gates will reopen and the amazing team that made so many changes during the 2016 season with the track surface and upgrades will be right back at the wheel to continue the changes and advances that were began.

I hope it reopens. that is one of the more unique tracks there is.

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    I hope it reopens. that is one of the more unique tracks there is.
    I agree. Yes it is.

Wasnt there was another cat that took the track over for a few races once Breeding got in trouble, or am i wrong? I remember lucas dropping their sanction to the Bob Miller memorial a few weeks before the race supposed to happen. I know it was still ran under the same title, and was won by Bloomquist with no sanction.

Definitely a neat looking place, hate to see it sit.

No one ever took over the track. Lucas decided to take it off the schedule as sanctioned by them due to some conflicts in the legal wording on the contract . We decided to still hold the race because it was one of our team members that loved Bob Miller which had asked permission of the family to start the race so it was important to us and our respect to him and our fans that we held that race even if it wasn't sanctioned and keep the same payout.