Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could You Imagine?

A no three wide rule?

http://slingersuperspeedway.com/pdfs.../threeWide.pdf

At Slinger (Wisconsin) Speedway, a very fast 1/4 mile asphalt track, they apparently don't allow three wide racing. I haven't been there since I was a kid in the late 70's, so I can't exactly picture the place, but the thought of restricting drivers and what line they run just seems absurd. That'd be like saying you can't run the cushion on a dirt track!

huh
    8/13/16

I went to the slinger nationals a few years back... Impressive banking but seemed to be a one lane train. Dirt provides better racing 95% of the time. A lot of dirt tacks would have to shut down if they didn't allow 3 wide lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I bet every "Racer" gets a trophy at the end of the night also! :-)

Slinger Wi. is a lot like Rockford Il., track is pretty tight, so three wide takes up about the whole track with no room for error. Cars behind the incident tend to pile in because the track becomes blocked.

Wow, that's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen or read.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    A no three wide rule?

http://slingersuperspeedway.com/pdfs.../threeWide.pdf

At Slinger (Wisconsin) Speedway, a very fast 1/4 mile asphalt track, they apparently don't allow three wide racing. I haven't been there since I was a kid in the late 70's, so I can't exactly picture the place, but the thought of restricting drivers and what line they run just seems absurd. That'd be like saying you can't run the cushion on a dirt track!
    I had no idea that, "ObamaThink" had been imposed on racers. How pathetic.

Wow.

Reminds me of Smitty at K3 telling drivers if there was contact between cars the "offending" driver should use his left hand to tap on his roof. That would be the signal for the other car to go back around the "offender". Why? Because that's what asphalt tracks do. LOL

Intel that sounds like a track problem to me.

I have seen a lot of "train" race's on dirt track's too !.. Dry slick dirt track's are like pavement.. jmo. How about it ?.. Pretty much depends on prep...

Quote Originally Posted by XRACER1993 View Post
    I have seen a lot of "train" race's on dirt track's too !.. Dry slick dirt track's are like pavement.. jmo. How about it ?.. Pretty much depends on prep...
    I have seen train races on hammer down dirt tracks.

Slinger and Rockford were both built around 1948, Slinger was dirt until the 70's, Rockford was built as a midget track, asphalt form the beginning with a weird "rollercoaster effect in the turns. Both tracks are 2.5 lanes wide with drivers trying to pinch down the corners. You tube has a variety of in-car and professional taped video. I would imagine within 5 years Rockford will be gone due to urban sprawl, track is way to valuable to location in a business district.

Just give them all trophies and a pat on the back . No speeding by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Slinger and Rockford were both built around 1948, Slinger was dirt until the 70's, Rockford was built as a midget track, asphalt form the beginning with a weird "rollercoaster effect in the turns. Both tracks are 2.5 lanes wide with drivers trying to pinch down the corners. You tube has a variety of in-car and professional taped video. I would imagine within 5 years Rockford will be gone due to urban sprawl, track is way to valuable to location in a business district.
    Rockford asphalt is one groove on the top... The only way you can pass now is to dive inside and door the guy on the top. Only guy I've ever seen make the a car work underneath other cars was ricky the rocket bilderback.

Raced with Ricky's nephew at Dubuque speedway years ago. Joe Shear sure could move through the field there.

Mikey? He's back running limited lates weekly at rockford. Joe shear was before my time.

Scott Wimmer Steve Carlson also...

Heck I vote a few tracks start 3 wide once or twice a year just to change things up a little...

Travis, running sport mod at Dubuque/ Darlington.

Sounds like something NASCAR will do soon