Default I need about a tenth

My car is pretty good all around but I just need to squeeze a touch more speed out. Right now the only thing I think I'm being beat on is shock package. My car and my competitors car are about even his seems to work a touch better on the rough tracks.

What shocks are you on.I would look at weight ,weight placement-Try to remove weight outside the wheelbase and put it in the center.

On bilstiens, I did order one that calmed the bouncing down a little can't remember the valving on it though

If your bouncing you need more REBOUND, have a shock builder rebuild your bilst to the right rates

If all you need is a tenth, buy new tires every week and sell them one night old to guys in your class... it will only cost you 50-75 a week for 3 new tires or even just two new right sides.... once I started doing this I had people lined up to buy my one night old tires and I was faster. I would wash grind and size them at 14 psi for them, some guys just loved that they were sized and ground already.

Id usually run 4 new.
    then new rr, move lr to rf, new lr. so two new a week $ wise but basically 3 new edges and rear drive tires were always new. If a track was tacky and I had virtually no wear I sometimes ran them again but they are not as good once they have a heat cycle, so I didnt make a habit of doing that. I was on IMCA tires fyi.

so I ran the lr tire on the rf one night so technically it had 2 nights on it one in each direction. nobody cared.

I would replace the lf about every 4 nights.

I sold them for 20 less than new so it cost me 40 bucks a night to have NEW or BEST rubber!

SCD, did you do this on your mod as well? Just curious what you were running for stagger in the rear if you could take your LR and put it on the RF? Did you run the 19 series all around with the 20 on the RR?

Well, SCD nails it again...........I was telling a guy the other day that you can spend all this money on this set of rods, different cams, that carb, this intake, blah blah blah, but quite honestly the guy who has new tires every week is probably going to be ahead of you.

absolutely agree

I feed my family building and supplying crate engines ---but anyone that has ever called me will tell you---this is my advice from a personal stand point.

I would give up 30 HP for a new RR tire any day
    tires are the cheapest speed you will ever buy

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Quote Originally Posted by bananahammack00 View Post
    SCD, did you do this on your mod as well? Just curious what you were running for stagger in the rear if you could take your LR and put it on the RF? Did you run the 19 series all around with the 20 on the RR?
    yes I did it on my mod.

I always bought the small tires only. They vary from 80-84 at times but usually 81-83

I ran 1.5 stagger or approx on the rear.

Lr tire at 8-10 psi vs same tire on rf at 14-16 psi is a big size change.

All I did for tires was buy 25-50 at a time, then mount 10 at a time at least, on regular wheels air to 14 let sit 2 days, then dismount the largest tires and put them on beadlocks. I had a stagger master to put tires on and measure them before putting on the wheels but it took more time to measure them all with it than it did to just dismount the 4-5 rr.

Sometimes a load of 25 tires would have and 80 and a 84 those were hard to ever use as they were too far out of normal.

I personally dont know how guys who buy tires one a time do it, because they vary so much in size you may not get something big enough for the rr for weeks.