Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iRACING DownNDirty 100 Event

Just for those that may be interested. iRacing is bringing dirt to it's service next week and I'm going to be running a big event over the summer outlined below. Not trying to spam the board but since this is a Dirt Late Model forum and I've been around here since the late 90s on here I figured it would be ok to at least post this for anyone who may be interested.

What is the SDRA? Paying homage to Robert Smawley's vision of bringing the best of the best together with his National Dirt Racing Association the Sim Dirt Racing Association hopes to do the same. My hope is to grow the SDRA to be a legitimate e-sport in the future hosting big races using the iRacing dirt platform.

The DownNDirty 100 will be our kickoff race to test the waters. I'm still working out logistics right now and want to see exactly how the dirt system works before we finalize the plans. I need to see how many drivers can enter a race for one.

Tentatively this kickoff race will take place July 10-3, 2017.

Tentative Schedule:

Monday - Open Practice/Qualifying for heat races

Tuesday/Wednesday: Heat races for 200 entrants (25 lap heat races - 8 heat races total with 25 cars each race)

Top 3 from each heat transfer to the DownNDirty 100 (24 total into the big race)
    Drivers 4-10 transfer to B Mains
    Drivers 11-20 transfer to hooligan C Main
    Drivers 21-25 transfer to the hauler

Thursday:

Hooligans races - 4 hooligan races with 20 cars in each race for 20 laps lined up by finishes in the heats. Top 6 from each of the 4 hooligans to the tail of their respective B Mains. Finishers 7-20 of each hooligan eliminated.

B Mains - 4 B Mains of 25 laps each with the top 2 from each of the 4 B Mains transferring to the A feature

A Main - 100 lapper

Top car from each heat go into redraw for starting 8 (heat winners) for the A Main. 2nd place cars in heat redraw for 9-16 and 3rd place from each heat redraw for 17-24 starting spots. Spots 25-32 filled out from the results of the B Mains.

Entry fee: $25, payout contingent on 120 entrants........$20 goes towards purse, $5 goes towards a charitable organization. There will be different charities supported the more races we do. So at 120 entrants with $20 going towards the purse that’s $2,400. I personally would cover the additional $1,200. This race would have a total purse payout of $3,600.

With a minimum of 60 entrants I will guarantee $600 personally in purse money with the added money going towards the overall purse. So at 60 entrants that adds $1,200 to the purse for a total payout of $1,800.

PAYOUT WITH 120 ENTRANTS BELOW

$500
    $300
    $250
    $200
    $175
    $165
    $155
    $150
    $145
    $140
    $135
    $125
    $120
    $110
    $100
    $95
    $90
    $85
    $80
    $75
    $70
    $65
    $60
    $55
    $50
    $25
    $25
    $25
    $25
    $25
    $25
    $25

Again, this is tentative. We can discuss format changes if needed. I know this is spread out over several days but I feel it is needed in order to monitor every heat race. I plan on partnering with one of the iRacing broadcast services for the event.

A social media page is going to be created for the event as well. I've already spoken with a couple of dirt late model platforms and the event is going to be promoted and hyped in various places.

There are still going to be some logistics to be worked out. And right now, in this development stage, all feedback is welcomed to make this the best race possible for everyone who will enter. If you would like to go ahead and preregister your name and car number feel free to do that below and I will put it into a spreadsheet. First come, first serve for car numbers.

I look forward to this first event and if it's as successful as I'm hoping it will be the first of many to come.

I'll have to see how I do before signing up lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Do you guys have a facebook page ... I may be interested towards the end of summer
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

count me in

I'm in the process of putting together a Facebook page and having a logo done for these promoted races right now.

For purses like that im in

Does anyone know if they are releasing all cars and tracks wed?

Default I racing

Quote Originally Posted by DownNDirty View Post
    I'm in the process of putting together a Facebook page and having a logo done for these promoted races right now.
    I raced online some yrs ago in a league thing that was alot of fun ....Than I-racing came out .... Id be up for trying it again in the winter ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I would like to know about provisionals and will you be testing tires?
    8/13/16

How do I know if im racing an equal field? Is there a way to out cheaters? I dont want to race vs no Bloomquist

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    How do I know if im racing an equal field? Is there a way to out cheaters? I dont want to race vs no Bloomquist
    Nobody wants to race bloomer!

Is this going to be fixed set up event?

are you guys all on i racing right now ???

I bought it a few months back only because of the dirt addition... It's pretty fun but the asphalt cars are a little boring to me

I wont have my computer ready to go (building it myself) for probably another month or so. But im in once I get her up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Is this going to be fixed set up event?
    Probably open setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I would like to know about provisionals and will you be testing tires?
    No provisionals! If you aren't fast enough you aren't going to make it. Testing tires for doping? If you can figure out a way to cheat the tires in iRacing you are pretty skilled. But for a 500 to win purse I wouldn't put it against some jackleg trying to cheat. I don't think I've ever saw someone post about cheating in iRacing though.

I will be down as long as I have all my stuff back up and running by then and have practiced a little. I like the idea a bunch!!

@DownNDirty - I used to be an avid sim league racer and I-Racing addict. I had to give it up due to a neck injury a few years ago. I had surgery about six months back and have been thinking about taking the G-25 out of moth balls. Please PM me with info on what you are doing. I may not be ready to start racing seriously just yet, but if I can get my skills back quickly I'd love to give it a shot again.

you guys want to get a league going ???