Thread: I-30 Cancelled

Default I-30 Cancelled

No WoO event tonight

I was wondering about that, saw on the weather channel this morning they had tornadoes/severe storms/injuries last night in Bryant which is just a few miles from the track.

Sounded like the pit area was the big concern just not having time to dry the property out and they didn't want to tow rigs out if needed according to the article

Yeah it isn't that great of a facility (most of it not the track's fault from what I understand). The pits there are treacherous even when its dry

How far is it to Texas? Atleast they can travel and not be in a rush

Never fails. 30 minutes from home and RAIN!!!!! The word going around is they are working on a reschedule date. So maybe it won't be a complete bust.....

It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive to Lone Star. Biggest plus is its all Interstate. Too bad it rained out. Ya'll may say this place is a dump but it's a pretty racy little bullring. It's a pretty tight place and promotes some fender rubbing. That always makes for a fan friendly event. I hope they get it rescheduled.

I wonder if some of woo guys might swing over to florence for $5000 for the spring 50 tonight?
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    I wonder if some of woo guys might swing over to florence for $5000 for the spring 50 tonight?
    Not a chance. Wrong direction. They are all headed to Texas for tomorrow's WOO race.

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    They aren't even remotely close to each other to drive up to Florence for 5k, then drive to Texas for 8k.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.