Default Kentucky Lakes Speedway

Who is the person that knows the most about the history of Kentucky Lakes Speedway?

I think maybe Richard Cunningham would have a lot of history on the place.

It's just another nice race track that nobody new how to run just put it on the list with all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    It's just another nice race track that nobody new how to run just put it on the list with all the others.
    Yep Death by stupidity....

Is this the track, that the local government tied their hands on operations, before it ever opened. It seemed like they started in a hole and only got deeper. The anti noise people defeated two owners all ready. They know how it's done and have City Hall on their side.

Default kentucky lakes

Quote Originally Posted by RadioMan View Post
    I think maybe Richard Cunningham would have a lot of history on the place.
    Thanks for the contact name, yes its to bad the track never made it, it was an awesome facility.

Quote Originally Posted by kearney View Post
    Thanks for the contact name, yes its to bad the track never made it, it was an awesome facility.
    It did not help the the people around the track and the local government did not want it there...

The last thing I remember reading was that the State was taking part of the property for a new interchange. Did this not happen?

Last I knew part of it was being used for a new interchange.

What has been reported on here before from people from that area, is that the original guy didn't try to make "friends". True or not, I dunno, but he sure as he!! made enemies.

That place was doomed, and a shame, absolutely beautiful. But that crazy curfew, and the weird Sunday evening stoppage, crazy. And to top it off, there's literally a highway directly behind the track. But yet they were worried about noise. More like they were pi$$ed and just didn't want the track. And had the locals on their side to make sure it failed.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Track configuration was one of the main problems. That curved front straight made it almost impossible to sit anywhere near the bottom of the stands. The dust and rocks were a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Track configuration was one of the main problems. That curved front straight made it almost impossible to sit anywhere near the bottom of the stands. The dust and rocks were a real problem.
    Was there 2 times and there were some places you just bid not seat, The track did have a odd shape to it I though it was way to wide...Add being too wide a lot dirt and rocks went in to the stands that should of hit the wall.. seen one person bleeding from a rock one night i was there..
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 03-28-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Was there 2 times and there were some places you just bid not seat, The track did have a odd shape to it I though it was way to wide...Add being too wide a lot dirt and rocks went in to the stands that should of hit the wall.. seen one person bleeding from a rock one night i was there..
    I was there once for the 99 and agree the track had an odd shape to it, the facility was beautiful.

It is quickly becoming an interchange for the new I69 project. Think most of the pits were swallowed up by dirt work last time I was through there.