Thread: RIP Dave Steele

Default RIP Dave Steele

He was killed tonite in a sprint car crash at Desoto Speedway!

Thoughts and prayers to his family.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Thoughts and prayers to the family Hate to hear this stuffAs a whole we are all dirt racers and hate to hear this in any division of our sport

he did not flip. as stated in the article...

Prayers for the family

Very similar accident to the one that took the life of Shane Unger at Eldora last year. Dave's car spun around and struck the wall on the left side, which on most sprint cars is unprotected unless there is a window net present. It is difficult to tell if the car was equipped with one that could have prevented the driver's helmet from striking the concrete wall. Very sad and my sympathy goes out to Dave's family and friends.

If you are a driver or care about one, make sure there is a window net present before taking the track. Two lives lost since last September that may have been saved with a $20 window net.

Not sure if it would've matter but I heard no HANs no containment seat.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Not sure if it would've matter but I heard no HANs no containment seat.
    It would have .. Some of the old time drivers don't like them, but his chances would have gone up 90% if he did..RIP
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 03-26-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Default Dang

I dunno how to express what I'm thinking with this one. He was dam good. He died doing what he loved to do. Good or bad, his family was there watching. He was going for win 100 just in the state of Florida. But, he left behind a wife, and three kids. So I just don't know. If he had no containment seat or HANS, which I'm not wanting to speculate till it's proven one way or the other, that's just crazy. Anything that can improve your chances in head on or side impact crashes and restrict your movement in a crash, you should be all in on.

RIP Dave and I really feel bad for his family.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    HANS only works in straight ahead impact, not a side impact. Window net or FC seat can help in side impacts, Dave's crash was a side impact. Scanning most of his pictures I see an FC seat in most all of them, but I have no confirmation on whether he had one or not last night. It wasn't even a particularly hard impact either. Too many people think these devices are a guarantee or are suitable for every situation, they are not. Cramming an FC into a late model can turn it into a death trap, literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cag2lYKH14E

Shane Unger died from internal injuries, NOT head or spinal/neck trauma.
    Didn't click on the link, but is it of Unger or Steeles crash?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Didn't click on the link, but is it of Unger or Steeles crash?
    No, its of Steele's. Did not look bad at all, but those are usually the worst.. Sad deal

HANS only works in straight ahead impact, not a side impact. Window net or FC seat can help in side impacts, Dave's crash was a side impact. Scanning most of his pictures I see an FC seat in most all of them, but I have no confirmation on whether he had one or not last night. It wasn't even a particularly hard impact either. Too many people think these devices are a guarantee or are suitable for every situation, they are not. Cramming an FC into a late model can turn it into a death trap, literally.

It was not just the one it was that he should of had both and the seat would have made a Big change he made it ... RIP

Reminded me of dale sr. Crash as far as it did not really look that bad.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

So, a guy uses some catch phrases with Gods name and you have an issue with that, but posting a video where you know a guy died, that's ok? Whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Reminded me of dale sr. Crash as far as it did not really look that bad.

I thought the same thing. You just never know!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Generally speaking, in my opinion, the technology that makes cars faster is advancing quicker than the technology that makes drivers safer. Race cars need to be slower. I don't care how fast they're going, I want close side by side racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmagnet View Post
    Generally speaking, in my opinion, the technology that makes cars faster is advancing quicker than the technology that makes drivers safer. Race cars need to be slower. I don't care how fast they're going, I want close side by side racing.
    And you have to know how to use and use whatever safety measures are available to you. Speaking in general terms, not individually.

Nice Tribute video to Dave Steele. Again Thoughts and prayers to his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1BrF0gSfR8