For Immediate Release
March 27, 2017

Donald McIntosh Charges Late for Thrilling Win at Senoia

Dawsonville, Georgia (03/27/17) – Saturday night at Senoia Raceway, Donald McIntosh mounted a daring, final lap charge in his Blount Excavating #7 Stowers CAT/ Rocket Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model. His efforts would pay big dividends to the tune of a $6,000 triumph.

“On that final lap I saw an opportunity there, and I took it,” said McIntosh. “I hated to get into the lapped car of T.J. [Reaid] like that. He had been rolling pretty good, but he slowed big time in turn 2, and I was already committed. Luckily we were able to keep going after the contact, and I was able to get the win.

“I really want to thank my team and all of my sponsors for providing me with this awesome ride.”

Piloting the Massey Electric Company #7 Super Late Model, Donald McIntosh was one of 35 Super Late Models signed in at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia) on Friday evening for the opening round of the two-day Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals sanctioned weekend. Starting the night by storming to a heat race win, Donald earned the 6th-starting spot for the $4,000-to-win, opening night A-Main. Bringing home a podium finish, McIntosh jumped three positions in the 40-lapper. He notched a 3rd-place finish behind Michael Page and Dale McDowell with Casey Roberts and Brandon Overton rounding out the Top 5.

The following night – against a field of 34 entries – McIntosh laid down the fastest time overall in qualifying, locking him into the pole position for the main event. After leading the opening 31 laps, McIntosh saw Brandon Overton slip past for the lead. Donald didn’t give up though as he sets his sights on retaking the top spot.

Making a daring last-lap pass over Overton to reclaim the top spot in turn two, McIntosh went on to capture his first victory of the season and a $6,000 payday. Overton, Dale McDowell, Casey Roberts, and Mike Marlar completed the Top-5 finishers.

For full results from these events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

This weekend Donald has two races scheduled. Friday night will find him going toe-to-toe with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) competitors at Boyd’s Speedway in a $10,000-to-win event. On Saturday evening he will chase a $7,500 winner’s check at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) in an unsanctioned event. For more information on each event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com and www.SmokyMountainSpeedway.com .

Donald McIntosh would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Stowers CAT, Tennessee RV Super Center, Blount Excavating, Massey Electric Company, Arnold’s Trucking, Cherokee Millwright & Mechanical, Rocket Chassis, Matlock Decal Company, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Donald McIntosh, please visit www.DonaldMcIntoshRacing.com .