Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah,you can really see how bloomquist and Richards cars shoot off from the middle of the corners onto the straightaway. Seems like Davenport has to wait longer to hook up in the middle off. Just not sure if the chassis has it in it. Owens couldn't get it to work but the XR1 he got has worked right away. Don't know but can't see JD waiting till mid season to switch.

Why did the Rumley #6 team disband? At the time, they were the Longhorn house-car. Did Mr. LeRoy retire? Seems another engine supplier could have been found. The team had that difficult-to-replace chemistry, and confidence, kind like Gordon and Evernham. They were greater than the sum of the parts, but never as good separated.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero View Post
    Why did the Rumley #6 team disband? At the time, they were the Longhorn house-car. Did Mr. LeRoy retire? Seems another engine supplier could have been found. The team had that difficult-to-replace chemistry, and confidence, kind like Gordon and Evernham. They were greater than the sum of the parts, but never as good separated.
    I think the chemistry was totally shot by the end of 2016. Pretty obvious if you read between the lines. Also, Kevin was paying himself peanuts. A talented engineer isn't going to work for $30k forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Bobby has gotten his the Herald a few years ago Babb stuffed him....And Im a JD fan but the old eye test you could see the speed and confidence in the 6 car...not seeing either right now...
    You're correct. Can't remember where it was that Babb got roughed up by Bobby, but he sent the message back to Bobby as it should be. And don't get anyone else involved who wasn't part of the altercation. Settle it between just you two.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think the chemistry was totally shot by the end of 2016. Pretty obvious if you read between the lines. Also, Kevin was paying himself peanuts. A talented engineer isn't going to work for $30k forever.
    Definitely. Chemistry was toast. They weren't running like they were, and their chemistry was gone. Been stated a million times the rules got them, and they could never seem to overcome that. Then they changed the weight on the rear end for this year, so we shall see. The XR1's are fast, we know that.

Yeah, the money a guy with Kevin's talent and knowledge can make, $$$$$.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Definitely. Chemistry was toast. They weren't running like they were, and their chemistry was gone. Been stated a million times the rules got them, and they could never seem to overcome that. Then they changed the weight on the rear end for this year, so we shall see. The XR1's are fast, we know that.

They left a lot of room for weight still. And I am fairly certain things have been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They left a lot of room for weight still. And I am fairly certain things have been missed.
    Copy. Wasn't sure how much they changed it. And they'll always miss something.

Jd's a hell of a wheelman!! At the end of the day cars r just bars....and i'd b willing to bet he brought a few ideas.. Think he will b at vms? Think the rain gonna get us again ??

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Running about where I expected, top 5's. BW's have not had the speed for the past few years to win consistently and I don't expect JD will be any different than O'Neal was the past two years.
    Well this is NEW design car, not what O'neal ran and if memory serves me O'neal won the Lucas title in the BWRC and has actually been slower in C29, just quicker than Lanigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    I expect JD to continue to run about like this. In this car, I just can't see him doing any better unless they leverage some outside help. At the top level, you won't get any faster unless you have mechanical engineering to help develop your car.

I love Barry to death, but I can't see him investing in mechanical engineers to make his cars faster at the top level. It's no secret that Barry is frugal with his money and uses everyone else's to go race.

It's a Longhorn/XR1 dirt oval world right now. Both of those companies have put a tremendous amount of $$ and time into their cars so they will be successful. The one situation I'll be watching is the Club 29/Bowyer arrangement if Rumley is employed there full-time.

Now that all of the series have the rule about the LR suspension attachment, you won't see Pierce running nearly as strong as he did last year.
    Barry has used engineers in the past, matter of fact the frontend design utilized by JD the last time he drove for Barry was designed by an outside engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    ...Owens couldn't get it to work but the XR1 he got has worked right away. Don't know but can't see JD waiting till mid season to switch.
    The XR1 did NOT work right away, that's just shinnston BS propaganda. Go back to N/S when he debuted, he struggled from then on, his last crown jewel win was the Show Me in the BWRC.
    Last edited by LeafMaster41; 04-01-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post

Well think the team was getting aggravated with tech all over them. Don't think they was ready for that. Not many teams can deal with tech like that. Scott is one of the few because he so use to being watched all the time. That puts alot pressure on the team. But I think jd is doing better behind the BW than jimmy did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwd1253 View Post
    Well think the team was getting aggravated with tech all over them. Don't think they was ready for that. Not many teams can deal with tech like that. Scott is one of the few because he so use to being watched all the time. That puts alot pressure on the team. But I think jd is doing better behind the BW than jimmy did.
    Jimmy had engine issues, not chassis troubles. Go back and watch the videos from that season, constantly falling out with part failures.

Not that it matters but he is 3rd in Lucas points.Not too bad all things considered.

Variable in the Wright camp might be the engines. Know very little about Hatfield engines. I know the McCoys wouldn't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Variable in the Wright camp might be the engines. Know very little about Hatfield engines. I know the McCoys wouldn't like them.
    Hatfields are a lot like GRTs. Decent at one time, but there is a reason nobody runs them anymore. I got a good laugh out of the press release when they announced the pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafMaster41 View Post
    The XR1 did NOT work right away, that's just shinnston BS propaganda. Go back to N/S when he debuted, he struggled from then on, his last crown jewel win was the Show Me in the BWRC.
    Not sure how that's Shinnston propaganda, Mark himself said when they brought them out, that they were testing, working out kinks, etc. Just like every other manufacturer.

Engines seem ok, just not enough drive off of corners.

I will say, JD had a good car last night. Looked good in heat and even when he got tangled with bloomer and eventually had to go to the back of pack at lap 20, he made up some good ground. 13 positions in 30 laps. The biggest thing right now (besides what engine they're running) is catching a break and getting into victory lane. The team needs some confidence. We all know Davenport can wheel with the best of them. Now it's just a matter of whether or not this team is going to put him in the best position night and night out, to allow JD a chance at winning some of these races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Engines seem ok, just not enough drive off of corners.
    True enough. He's battling the car, no doubt.

Davenport posted on Twitter they have decided to go to EAMS tonight