Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Davenport progress with BWRC?

Still early,but doesn't seem they have found any speed yet. What does everyone else think?

Running about where I expected, top 5's. BW's have not had the speed for the past few years to win consistently and I don't expect JD will be any different than O'Neal was the past two years.

still early for me..

I know they got about three Chevy engines and one Ford engine from Hatfield. Does anyone know if they have run the Ford any? No one else I know that runs a Hatfield so hard to know where they are off a little. Wish they could drop a Clements or Durham in for comparision.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Running about where I expected, top 5's. BW's have not had the speed for the past few years to win consistently and I don't expect JD will be any different than O'Neal was the past two years.
    I expect JD to continue to run about like this. In this car, I just can't see him doing any better unless they leverage some outside help. At the top level, you won't get any faster unless you have mechanical engineering to help develop your car.

I love Barry to death, but I can't see him investing in mechanical engineers to make his cars faster at the top level. It's no secret that Barry is frugal with his money and uses everyone else's to go race.

It's a Longhorn/XR1 dirt oval world right now. Both of those companies have put a tremendous amount of $$ and time into their cars so they will be successful. The one situation I'll be watching is the Club 29/Bowyer arrangement if Rumley is employed there full-time.

Now that all of the series have the rule about the LR suspension attachment, you won't see Pierce running nearly as strong as he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    I know they got about three Chevy engines and one Ford engine from Hatfield. Does anyone know if they have run the Ford any? No one else I know that runs a Hatfield so hard to know where they are off a little. Wish they could drop a Clements or Durham in for comparision.

I think they have but can not conferm 100%
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Was told the car he had at Senoia wasn't the "house car" We'll see how this combination plays out by the summer!

" Escobar " always paints himself as this wizard of smart who knows everything there is to know about high level late model racing ... Have you ever looked at Bobby pierces car ?? That car that won the world looked to have about 80 races on it. Powder coating and anodizing worn off everything , rust on bolts and not 1 thing different than any other pierce car except Bobby is the only guy in a Pierce who's one of the top 3 drivers in the world . There's no magic , no secret , nothing illegal just an elite world class wheel man and bobs old
    School race track know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Now that all of the series have the rule about the LR suspension attachment, you won't see Pierce running nearly as strong as he did last year.
    We'll just save this non factual dribble to laugh at come the end of the year.

Still butthurt over that N/S slidejoblmao
    8/13/16

I have to agree with what huck is saying. A lot of guys have 1 off cars for the big E or bring out a new car and motor combo for 1 race track. Bobbie Pierce brings a car that has laps on it, no one can deny that, and no one can deny that the kid gets up on the wheel at EARL'S HOUSE. He is fun to watch race there, I've seen him all over the grooves hammering thru the corner. If anyone on here thinks that kid can't get it done at eldora then you just don't know what your talking about and you must have a dislike for him. He gives me the opportunity to see a good race, that's all I care about. Be it him or Owens or O'Neal I just want to see a guy beat eldora into submission. FYI, Eldora usually wins...

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    " Escobar " always paints himself as this wizard of smart who knows everything there is to know about high level late model racing ... Have you ever looked at Bobby pierces car ?? That car that won the world looked to have about 80 races on it. Powder coating and anodizing worn off everything , rust on bolts and not 1 thing different than any other pierce car except Bobby is the only guy in a Pierce who's one of the top 3 drivers in the world . There's no magic , no secret , nothing illegal just an elite world class wheel man and bobs old
    School race track know how.
    Only because Bobby is a talented wheel man. Just ask Mason how the Pierce car is.

The JD thread turned into the Pierce thread, lol...I think any of us that have common sense, can admit that Bobby can race. I'm not for or against the kid, but he's good. I'd like to know more on what everyone else feels about JD and BWRC combo. I know it's been a frustrating start to the season for this team. They could really use a good showing this weekend with Lucas Series.

There is so much hate for Bobby Pierce I can't understand it. Its crazy to think of where he might be if he was able to play the musical chassis like everyone else does to find speed for a few months. He has stuck with Pierce when it wasn't great, and obviously when its doing well. At no point in the past few years has their really been anyone else running well in them. Got to respect guys like that who can go out and out drive people in a car this is not the current flavor of the month (McDowell when he was running Warrior was another example).

Thanks,
    Jeff.

It's early. The problem I see is Barry not spending as others do. By spending I also mean changing things up on the car. That alone requires time and testing. I no rocket gets on track to do testing, I have been told longhorn does. Most just wait on what others say and it gets passed on from there. Everyone saw Mark get pissie and moved the guy along. When Gregg Saterlee's car got in that b main crash and the whole rear was there for everyone to see, and people were looking, the 1 car was almost directly across from him. Mark saw it, if that was the same as his car don't you think he would have walked the 100' and told them to cover it ??? Rocket probably tests more than any builder out there, that's why he builds more cars than anyone too. Barry is not going to do that. Maybe with the time off they did make a change, time will tell, again it's still early.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    We'll just save this non factual dribble to laugh at come the end of the year.

Still butthurt over that N/S slidejoblmao
    And if that was Feger he pulled that so called slide job on you'd still be pi$$y too. Amazing how it depends on who it as to whether it's a "good" slide job or not. By no ones standards was that a good slide job. Well, it is if you don't like someone, if it's your driver then it's a sh!tty one. Everyone loves them moves till that person pulls it on their favorite driver. Well, some of you do. I think they are sh!t moves. If you can't pass a guy without making him take evasive action, then don't do it. Unless they were playing games with you.

And when Bobby gets his, better be no b!tching. I like him, and picked him in this weeks poll, but I'm not going to sugarcoat sh!tty moves by him or anyone else.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    There is so much hate for Bobby Pierce I can't understand it. Its crazy to think of where he might be if he was able to play the musical chassis like everyone else does to find speed for a few months. He has stuck with Pierce when it wasn't great, and obviously when its doing well. At no point in the past few years has their really been anyone else running well in them. Got to respect guys like that who can go out and out drive people in a car this is not the current flavor of the month (McDowell when he was running Warrior was another example).

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Bobby races for his Dad, and McDowell's Warriors weren't regular Warriors.

Bobby I suppose is a lightening rod, like Bloomer and Richards. Why, maybe attitude, maybe driving, silver spoon dunno, depends. I look at them all as talented and is what it is. Call them all out for their faults and positives.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I think JD and Barry will be fine. But only if their results improve, if not, then I don't see it lasting. Wish them both the best of luck either way.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I think JD and Barry will be fine. But only if their results improve, if not, then I don't see it lasting. Wish them both the best of luck either way.
    That is the best fence riding I've seen in a long time lol. You are exactly right. They will do fine, unless they don't.

Bobby has gotten his the Herald a few years ago Babb stuffed him....And Im a JD fan but the old eye test you could see the speed and confidence in the 6 car...not seeing either right now...

JD and BW had a good bit of success together a few years ago, and I'd like to see that happen again.

I guess time will tell.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...