Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm with you, RayCook53fan, on being there regardless...I'll be there with a smile on my face and hoping to see a great race. I'd love nothing more than for them to prove me (and others) wrong on our track prep criticism.

I'll be there as well. Just looking forward to my first race of the year, whether it's a freight train or not.

I plan on being there as well for better or worse

Good luck but I can't see it it will be over after time trails fast time will win unless they mess up I think I'll wait and go to duck river I know I'll see a show there I hope you see a race but it's not likely they just can't get it together over there.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Good luck but I can't see it it will be over after time trails fast time will win unless they mess up I think I'll wait and go to duck river I know I'll see a show there I hope you see a race but it's not likely they just can't get it together over there.
    well the jam packed crowd wont miss you and the negativity that you bring.
    victim

I was at the shamrock. cars coming out of turn 2 running the high line, almost scraping the wall. great racing.
    victim

It will be packed because it is a Lucas oil race not the race track.

I know this
    victim

Just saw on DOD where Boyd's got new clay on the surface earlier this week and slightly increased the banking. Making me eat my track prep skepticism already?...guess we'll find out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by squaredup12 View Post
    Just saw on DOD where Boyd's got new clay on the surface earlier this week and slightly increased the banking. Making me eat my track prep skepticism already?...guess we'll find out tonight.
    That sounds good. The old clay was pretty worn out and a lot of rubber mixed with it.
    I hope they have it down and packed where it won't come up under the abuse it will get tonight!!!!!
    Either way I am driving down from Nashville to watch. Should be worth the trip.

Yep. They did put new clay on the track and added a little progressive banking to it to make the top a little faster.

Thought Mac dad was out as far as the track goes. But heard he was on grader at the last race. Anyone know the scoop on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle12 View Post
    I'll be there as well. Just looking forward to my first race of the year, whether it's a freight train or not.
    Is this how many people feel? Just seeing race cars going in circles at any track is good enough? Curious. Glad Boyds is making some changes.

I enjoy watching a race any day of the week, especially on dirt. What I don't enjoy is paying money (and more money for special/big events) to see a product that we all know can be better if the proper attention and work is put in the right areas...in this case in the track itself, not the facilities. We know it can be better cause we've seen it when it was. We've seen it far better at Boyd's in years past, and we see it better at other tracks in our area such as Crossville, 411, Senoia, etc. I'm going tonight though with high hopes for the work that the track crew has put in this week, and the water that the Good Lord blessed us with overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by squaredup12 View Post
    Been going to Boyd's for a while now. I agree that when the Harvey's had it the TRACK, the actual racing surface, was much better than it is now. The folks now have the experience and the knowledge to make and keep the track good, they're just putting entirely too much money and effort into the facilities, and neglecting the track itself...that's the frustrating part. I talk to racers on a weekly basis that are regulars at Boyd's, and they cringe while admitting that this is the case.
    If driver's would go somewhere else a week are two they would fix it.