Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil @ Boyd's rain date?

The forecast is looking worse and worse for Friday at Boyd's, I wonder if there would be a rain date, or if it would just be cancelled?

race will happen. may be wet in parking lot, but rain will move out.
    victim

Don't worry about the rain need too worry about what they are going to do about that one lane race track they got.

I thought they would fix it in the off season but it don't look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Don't worry about the rain need too worry about what they are going to do about that one lane race track they got.
    lol I've seen good and bad there my friend.

When the Harvey's had the race track it was good the weekly races were even good but the people that bought it fired everybody and now they don't do anything to it I don't know if they don't know how or don't care.

the track was fast a couple weeks a go was in the low 13 seconds

Default No rain.

Good forecast now.

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    Good forecast now.
    Just saw that, looking forward to it!

Been going to Boyd's for a while now. I agree that when the Harvey's had it the TRACK, the actual racing surface, was much better than it is now. The folks now have the experience and the knowledge to make and keep the track good, they're just putting entirely too much money and effort into the facilities, and neglecting the track itself...that's the frustrating part. I talk to racers on a weekly basis that are regulars at Boyd's, and they cringe while admitting that this is the case.

I'm sitting this one out. Main reason is lack of passing and multi lap side by side racing. Been to 4 races since McDowell took over. It's been ok. Seen worse. Seen better. Maybe Friday will be a heck of a race for those of you going.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I'm trying to decide whether to go or not I've been several times till it sold and I haven't seen a race yet the last time I was there the Dillon boys were there and they told McDowell need to put some water on the race track were they could pass and you right squared up they are putting there money in the wrong place.

My guess is, and I wouldn't swear to this, but the track probably hasn't been touched all week. They'll work it ("prep" it) tomorrow during the day and then run it in about an hour before hot laps start...and my guess is, it'll be rubbered up, dried out and one lane by the end of the first heat race for support classes. Don't get me wrong I'll be there, but it'll be for the beautiful sound of a SLM motor with my fingers-crossed for seeing a good race.

Haven't decided yet or not. I would like to see Richards/Bloomquist battle there

Hopefully the rain moving thru tonight will make up some for what the water truck hasn't done this week. It seems crazy that the track is never good with McDowell involved.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Hopefully the rain moving thru tonight will make up some for what the water truck hasn't done this week. It seems crazy that the track is never good with McDowell involved.
    I would say its ti mcdowells liking
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Yeah cause Dale wins there so much and he has been working on the track all week they just got all the water pumped out of the inside of the track and I was there yesterday and he had it cut up and going to put more water on it today and run it in and seal it up so when it rains A lot tonight the water will just run off of it and they can just run it back in tomorrow if they have it most likely it will get rescheduled they lost A lot of parking for the fans to park because the creek is up some parts r just to muddy so if they do have it they will be shuttling people back and forth from the drag strip and fyi the owner wanted to cancel it Tuesday so because of Dale its still on for right now .

Quote Originally Posted by titbaby115 View Post
    Yeah cause Dale wins there so much and he has been working on the track all week they just got all the water pumped out of the inside of the track and I was there yesterday and he had it cut up and going to put more water on it today and run it in and seal it up so when it rains A lot tonight the water will just run off of it and they can just run it back in tomorrow if they have it most likely it will get rescheduled they lost A lot of parking for the fans to park because the creek is up some parts r just to muddy so if they do have it they will be shuttling people back and forth from the drag strip and fyi the owner wanted to cancel it Tuesday so because of Dale its still on for right now .

That would be a lot easier to comprehend with some punctuation... that being said I am glad they are working hard to have the show, I will be there regardless of possible track conditions.

My bad on the punctuation did not like writing in school don't like it now u got what I was saying.So let's just hope they get it in I will be at the SMR trailer helping Shane out with the car if anybody wants to stop by and say hi.Looking forward to r 3 day race weekend.

I'm with you, RayCook53fan, on being there regardless...I'll be there with a smile on my face and hoping to see a great race. I'd love nothing more than for them to prove me (and others) wrong on our track prep criticism.