Default Green Valley Speedway

Anybody know the history of Green Valley Speedway in Alabama? thanks

I know some, but there are folks who know way more than me. I really miss the track, the folks who I worked with, the facility itself, and the racers and fans. I had a great time going to the races there and then announcing at the track.

Late Model Mark
    Former Green Valley Speedway Announcer.

The first few years of the bama bash were great. The owner put a ton of money in the place a couple years before shutting it down. I miss going there that's for sure.

The guy bought the race track had a ton of money and had no idea how to run a race track the last race I went to it got to be 230 in the morning and they hadn't stared the late model feature guess what that will put you out of business a real shame too that place had been there a longtime.just another victim of wanting to run all night.

Speaking now is the 1991 Pony Stock Summer Championship Race Winner. Nuff said. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

it started out in the late 50s as a drag strip, only nhra track in alabama , my uncle campaigned a super stock 1961 ford galaxy there in 1962 and won a ton of races that year , the dirt track came along in the 70s and they ran both for years, then in late 90s or early 2000s they tore up the drag strip , only thing left was the tower, and redone the dirt track and moved pits to outside where drag way was, last i herd the new owner decided to make a housing development out of it , but EPA stopped him. Not real sure about this last part though, just a roomer. I may be off on dates a little, but this is basically what happened.

Default Ghost tracks

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    it started out in the late 50s as a drag strip, only nhra track in alabama , my uncle campaigned a super stock 1961 ford galaxy there in 1962 and won a ton of races that year , the dirt track came along in the 70s and they ran both for years, then in late 90s or early 2000s they tore up the drag strip , only thing left was the tower, and redone the dirt track and moved pits to outside where drag way was, last i herd the new owner decided to make a housing development out of it , but EPA stopped him. Not real sure about this last part though, just a roomer. I may be off on dates a little, but this is basically what happened.
    Its sad to see all of these old tracks just go away, go much history so many good times

Some tracks commit suicide, and GV did - nudged along with help from Dennis. Alabama can only support one dirt track, and TST is the one.

I also on several occasion they found natural gas on the mountain. So he was wanting to sell that and turn the track into a housing development. Again that's what I was told from a few ppl.

dont forget phenix city, they hold their own as well as talladega if not a little better

Does Phoenix city even tan a super class weekly?

They do not, Limited/525, and 602 crates are their two late model classes. There is no one south of talladega or senoia that really has much super late model equipment to support the class. But they do pay about twice as good as talladega for the classes.

That's good to hear.. green valley always paid well also. That helps get the car back week after week.

That's good to hear.. green valley always paid well also. That helps get the car back week after week.