Default Mastersbuilt smackdown?

Looking for a crate car and we have settled on a mastersbuilt or a pierce. Have seen a lot of good deals on the gen x cars, smackdown, and evesome newer Pierce stuf when it comes up for sale. Just wondering what you guys think of the smackdown chassis still being competitve, or is the gen x car the way to go and if so what year did they start making the gen x and what updates need to be done to either of the masterstbuilt chassis to be competitive. I raced modifieds for 10 years and am pretty informed on that stuff but just trying to find a late model roller is becoming a nightmare haha with all the difderent opinions its like starting over again. Im from indiana and would like to race a car thats built in indiana bit im not ruling any product out. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Outlaw View Post
    Looking for a crate car and we have settled on a mastersbuilt or a pierce. Have seen a lot of good deals on the gen x cars, smackdown, and evesome newer Pierce stuf when it comes up for sale. Just wondering what you guys think of the smackdown chassis still being competitve, or is the gen x car the way to go and if so what year did they start making the gen x and what updates need to be done to either of the masterstbuilt chassis to be competitive. I raced modifieds for 10 years and am pretty informed on that stuff but just trying to find a late model roller is becoming a nightmare haha with all the difderent opinions its like starting over again. Im from indiana and would like to race a car thats built in indiana bit im not ruling any product out. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Gen X cars debuted in 2009, I believe. I think anything 2011 or newer is pretty much the same. I would suggest it over the Smack cars. Get the crate spindles.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

MBR what is your opinion of the rear suspension on a smack.I've changed everything on the front, but the 4 bar brackets , bar length and j bar are the same as factory.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    MBR what is your opinion of the rear suspension on a smack.I've changed everything on the front, but the 4 bar brackets , bar length and j bar are the same as factory.
    I am the same as you. Never made any changes to the rear and stuck with it.

i have driven both a pierce and a mastersbilt in UMP crate competition..the pierce car was hands down faster early in the night, but the mb was a tick faster in the true slick..tech support is similar in the fact that there is very little and neither car liked the "baseline" set up..just my 2 cents, but i would go w a pierce or if mastersbilt was ur choice at least the smackdown rear w gen x front end