Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default iRacing Initial Impressions?

For those of you have the #DirtConfirmed on iRacing what is your initial impressions of the sim? Personally I suck at it, but think they have done a fantastic job so far. The damage is a little over the top for the late models, but that is something that can be fixed. I also can't wait until they get a few more tracks to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    For those of you have the #DirtConfirmed on iRacing what is your initial impressions of the sim? Personally I suck at it, but think they have done a fantastic job so far. The damage is a little over the top for the late models, but that is something that can be fixed. I also can't wait until they get a few more tracks to choose from.
    Yeah. Smaller tracks. Haven't bought into it yet, but I will eventually. Gotta donate some cash to Logitech and get a new wheel.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I haven't been a huge fan of IRacing in the past, but they have done a great job on this. It is not perfect by any stretch, but it has exceeded my expectations for the initial release by a considerable margin.

Highly detailed car and track models, with very detailed car specific set up menus where the cars respond as they should to changes. The tracks look fantastic and evolve with the racing as they should as well. I haven't even raced anyone yet. I have just been testing cars and playing with set ups and I am having a ball with it.

I wish there were AI cars with IRacing, as I am generally not a fan of their format for racing. I don't have the time to devote to sitting around waiting for the races to develop and would much rather be able to jump right in and race at my leisure, but it is what it is.

Bravo IRacing for giving us what we in this community have been longing for for quite some time!!! Keep the content coming!

The little testing I did with terrible graphics and I bad wheel it felt like a lot of fun. Better than rfactor

Years ago I ran a league for the nascar 03 game .... IMO... I-racing ruined the way people got together and had fun racing/gaming online .... Mostly because of the private servers we use to run .... I had alot of fun with meeting and racing with people all over the states ... The most fun was working on setups all week fine tuning for the league race ... I think online racing was a blast ... The Graphics were great on Iracing & im sure what ever needs tweaking will get done ... I also remember the game dying off in the summer months and coming alive during the winter ... I doubt if I would ever race for money but I can see why others like it .... Who knows ...Maybe if I had the JD/Bloomer race setup I just might have to think hard about it ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Looking forward to trying it out. The Champions don't have a "real" computer, and some idiot spends too much $$ going to races to afford one! Maybe one of you will help a buddy out. I'll bring chips and dip to sweeten the deal! Wonder how many of us don't have the ability to use Iracing?

The game is pretty cool. After watching a while does groove change for every race or is it the same? Like if a group of cars goes out a everyone runs the top will the top slick off first or will the bottom start first? Hope that make sense. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    The game is pretty cool. After watching a while does groove change for every race or is it the same? Like if a group of cars goes out a everyone runs the top will the top slick off first or will the bottom start first? Hope that make sense. Lol
    Best way to answer that is according to the developers, it'll start heavy and towards bottom I think they said. Then just keep widening out to a nice track. Oh, and by the third heat, take rubber and be one lane.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Don't have a desktop computer or wheel setup. I'll stick to Dirt Trackin on my Iphone.

Whats the best steering wheel and pedal setup?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Do any of you guys know if I can use my Keyboard to test the game to make sure my computer can handle the game before I go and buy a 400.00 steering wheel? Thanks In Advance

They have them on ebay $ 249 .........http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G29...sAAOSwepJXYsPq

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    They have them on ebay $ 249 .........http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G29...sAAOSwepJXYsPq
    I figured if I was going to buy one I might as well buy a new one so its not ragged out in any way, thanks for the link. DO you know if I can test my computer by using the keyboard?

Right click on you widows icon and look in your system ..... I just looked at mine and it says I-5 with 8 megs of ram .... So im good so farr ( They require at least an I-3 or better ....Next you look in your device manager and see what video card you have installed ....Mine says G-force 8800 .... Im good .... You need 4200 or better according to Iracing ....

You can also run a speedtest ....Mine is 44 down - 9.5 up .... I have very good internet

try this

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...184&item=10851

its the test that iracing sent me when i emailed them to ask if my comp specs were ok
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Thats nice .... It showed my video card failed Though ....

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I figured if I was going to buy one I might as well buy a new one so its not ragged out in any way, thanks for the link. DO you know if I can test my computer by using the keyboard?
    $249 for a G29. Jeez. Better be next to new. New ones are $275 on Amazon. Exact wheel I'm buying whenever I decide to bite on the game.

Your correct ... The 275 on amazon is new over reconditioned ... https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Driv.../dp/B00Z0UWWYC

I'm going to get a g920.