Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default What

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Running that check can be harmful to your computer.
    .... Why is that ?
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Before downloading it said could be harmful but my Norton said it was safe to download. No issues

They just scanned Knoxville Iowa and they are adding 360 and 410 non winged sprints Monday. I am absolutely loving the dirt content so far.

It its a blast I've had it for a little over a week. Yes the groove will change over a race period, its random. Sometimes you will start in practice on a wet track then it will progress out through qualifying and the race. And sometimes you will get into practice and it will be slicked over and will only get more slick/rubbered up as the quals, races go on. I'm running a logitech G920 only because I also own a xbox one and it is compatible for both, very nice wheel/pedal set.I have a EVGA geforce 650 video card 1gb memory and my fps doesn't go below 841. 2gb of ram, AMD fx4300 quad core processor, everything runs just fine with that setup.

Sounds like ump mods are in the works as well. I bet the non wingers will be a lot of fun to drive
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Thats good news .... Im thinking about upgrading my pc before next winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    .... Why is that ?
    Just relaying the message I got before downloading. Didn't take the time check it out any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Thats good news .... Im thinking about upgrading my pc before next winter...
    Best thing I did was throw a MSI Radeon RX 480 gpu at mine great upgrade, its nice running everything on max. I found a deal on Amazon and got the 480 for $169 this winter. Black friday is when you want to buy and can find the best deals.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    Best thing I did was throw a MSI Radeon RX 480 gpu at mine great upgrade, its nice running everything on max. I found a deal on Amazon and got the 480 for $169 this winter. Black friday is when you want to buy and can find the best deals.
    Yeah. I'll add, make sure your comp is up to snuff that it's worthwhile to buy a card. An old computer with just a video card upgrade isn't very good. Not sure on your comp, guessing pretty new, and like most, they put an average card in most of them. Where I'm at, got an NVidia GTX I think 645. Which is middle of the road. Radeon and NVidia are the two I'd pick. What wheel you use?

If I do the iRacing, be the G29 wheel, see how my stock XPS 8700 does, and go from there. Looks amazing, glad y'all approve, makes me want to get it more and more.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Looks like Im gonna need a new computer! How can a 2 yr old computer be this outdated? smh
    iRacing takes a strong computer to run it properly. If you didn't spend $700+ 2 years ago then you'll be struggling to run the game at anything other than potatoe settings.

Just because it's 2 years old doesn't mean anything. A 2017 GRT late model is outdated before it's even at a racetrack.

To run anything decent you'll want an i5 at minimum and a decent $150+ graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Yeah. I'll add, make sure your comp is up to snuff that it's worthwhile to buy a card. An old computer with just a video card upgrade isn't very good. Not sure on your comp, guessing pretty new, and like most, they put an average card in most of them. Where I'm at, got an NVidia GTX I think 645. Which is middle of the road. Radeon and NVidia are the two I'd pick. What wheel you use?

If I do the iRacing, be the G29 wheel, see how my stock XPS 8700 does, and go from there. Looks amazing, glad y'all approve, makes me want to get it more and more.
    I agree with that , I took for granted we were working with a built pc when he said upgrades. I built my gaming pc myself 5 years ago and its nice to just be able to upgrade the pieces you need instead of having to buy a whole new pc when it becomes outdated.

As far as Iracing ,its not an if its a must lol, its what I have been waiting for since DTR2. Check out some races being streamed on www.twitch.tv then search iracing if you are still on the fence.

I have a logitech driving force gt I have had it for 4-5 years . Its an older wheel but a very good one, I am actually looking at a G29 in the future if you pick one up let me know how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 03fan View Post
    iRacing takes a strong computer to run it properly. If you didn't spend $700+ 2 years ago then you'll be struggling to run the game at anything other than potatoe settings.

Just because it's 2 years old doesn't mean anything. A 2017 GRT late model is outdated before it's even at a racetrack.

To run anything decent you'll want an i5 at minimum and a decent $150+ graphics card.
    I understand that but mine isn't an off the shelf computer. It was built to run a complicated business software.

I emailed my computer guy the iracing specs and he said to buy a new computer. It would be cheaper that way.

Are you guys buying off the shelf computers? If so what brand and software?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    I agree with that , I took for granted we were working with a built pc when he said upgrades. I built my gaming pc myself 5 years ago and its nice to just be able to upgrade the pieces you need instead of having to buy a whole new pc when it becomes outdated.

As far as Iracing ,its not an if its a must lol, its what I have been waiting for since DTR2. Check out some races being streamed on www.twitch.tv then search iracing if you are still on the fence.

I have a logitech driving force gt I have had it for 4-5 years . Its an older wheel but a very good one, I am actually looking at a G29 in the future if you pick one up let me know how you like it.
    DTR2, man the old days. Loved that game, had a Momo wheel. Good times there. Think I ran under ChuppFan possibly.

I'm not really on the fence lol, just the time it'll take to be good at it. It looks awesome. I will let ya know. Cheaper than the G920, same guts, and a lighted shift point bar.

Yeah I've never changed a motherboard, but mines an I7 so good for now. Have done RAM and video cards, very simple. Guessing rest of it is probably not that hard either. Mostly plug in and make sure sh!t is compatible with each other.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I understand that but mine isn't an off the shelf computer. It was built to run a complicated business software.

I emailed my computer guy the iracing specs and he said to buy a new computer. It would be cheaper that way.

Are you guys buying off the shelf computers? If so what brand and software?
    Mines a Dell 8700 XPS. Under a grand, and says I'm good to go for iRacing. Think they are at the 8900 now. First computer I was impressed with. It's got an i7, and a NVidia GTX 645, which is middle of the road now I believe as far as a graphics card.

Msi 970 mobo, amd 8370 4gb 8 core processor (hard to swing the cash for an i7) msi r9 390 8gb graphics card, 500gb solid state hard drive, 8gb of ram. It's not cheap to build one but once you're there then you're there for a while.
    Iracing dirt is good, I've tested like 50 laps on bottom and t0 on top at Eldora and had two distinct grooves cut in and had loose junk in the middle. The cars could stand a little more front end grip in the slick and a little more power on bottom end. But the coolest thing is how it acts when you are changing lanes and get in the black streak (it acts just like one). Like I said a little front end grip would help as I've tried everything to get front end grip in the slick. It gets a little to tight off throttle too.

Saw this today & thought Id pass it on to my 4m buds .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8k7ENGY2to

Thumbs down iRacing is a detrement to Real Racing, not a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Looking forward to trying it out. The Champions don't have a "real" computer, and some idiot spends too much $$ going to races to afford one! Maybe one of you will help a buddy out. I'll bring chips and dip to sweeten the deal! Wonder how many of us don't have the ability to use Iracing?
    Keep spending money on "REAL" racing otherwise, we'll lose an entire generation of folks paying to watch others play a dang game. iRacing or any simulation is a detriment to Real Racing, not a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Keep spending money on "REAL" racing otherwise, we'll lose an entire generation of folks paying to watch others play a dang game. iRacing or any simulation is a detriment to Real Racing, not a plus.
    That's one way of looking at it. I look at it from a different angle based on comments made by people who actually do it. Many people have been introduced to the world of dirt racing all over the world simply because of iRacing! Many attended their first ever race and comment how incredible it is! Guess what that does? Yep! MORE fans at the track!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    This is one of the dumbest comments I've seen in some time. iRacing is not keeping people away from the track. I cannot afford a race car, but I can spend a 100 bucks a year or so to do iRacing. I still go watch real racing, as watching e-sports is pretty lame.

Also, a whole bunch of "REAL" racers as you call them, use iracing to tame their skills.

Yeah. I gotta say that sim racing only promotes real racing. The guys in the leagues I've been in used to meet at the track for some face time. I mean...where else are you gonna go to meet other sim racers? Someone's basement? LOL