Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Right click on you widows icon and look in your system ..... I just looked at mine and it says I-5 with 8 megs of ram .... So im good so farr ( They require at least an I-3 or better ....Next you look in your device manager and see what video card you have installed ....Mine says G-force 8800 .... Im good .... You need 4200 or better according to Iracing ....
    Ok I looked in my system and I have 8 Megs of ram so i am good there and i have an I-3 processor so i am good there but i cant find what video card it has?

Looks like Im gonna need a new computer! How can a 2 yr old computer be this outdated? smh
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Default Test

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    Ok I looked in my system and I have 8 Megs of ram so i am good there and i have an I-3 processor so i am good there but i cant find what video card it has?
    Did you run this test ? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...184&item=10851
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I'm going to get a g920.
    The 29 and 920 have the same guts in the wheel. The 29 is PlayStation/PC, the 920 is XBox/PC. I like the 29 better because of the shift light indicator, the look of it, and it's at least $25 cheaper. Only other thing I read is a little more rotation of the wheel in the 920. It also has a stiffer brake pedal, that users and reviewers of the wheel didn't like.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Whats a video card guys? Im not real tech savy...does all desktop computers have them? And how do you get the iracing game on your computer? Do you buy it and download it from somewhere? I dont want to buy a new desktop just for iracing I hope I can find one used that will work...

Pretty sure to get this game to look and act like what you have been seeing on youtube you're going to need more than a standard computer. I can run iracing with computer I have but I have to have the graphics set to where they look like something out of the late 90s. Also if anyone knows how to fix a g27 FFB dead zone I have a wheel and pedals for sale for $100. PM me.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Google - g27 racing wheel dead zone

From some of what ive read on the g27 wheel the problem your having maybe cause or the design .... You have to remember your playing a game with electronics ... I personally dont like the feel of force feed back .... I tweaked my game so that the wheel just had some resistance .... What works for you may be different ... Its a game and your tweaking the settings to get the feel you like ...

There is a plastic gear that wears out or cracks. I bought it used for $200 last year with a wheel stand pro. The stand goes for about $180 and will fit a g920. Wheel worked fine on asphalt iracing because you were rarely counter steering. I did think it was weird how there was no FFB about 30 degrees each direction from dead center but guess I didn't know any better.

Ok I found out that my video card is HD2400 which I can play the game with out Any glitches but the quality isn't what it could be so I am going to have to upgrade that to get full potential out of it, I ordered a G29 and it will be here Monday but hooked up a PS4 controller to it just to try it out and all I can say is wow, it's going to be fun once I get the wheel. Controller is very difficult to set up and to have any touch with. Thanks for all you help and advice I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Whats a video card guys? Im not real tech savy...does all desktop computers have them? And how do you get the iracing game on your computer? Do you buy it and download it from somewhere? I dont want to buy a new desktop just for iracing I hope I can find one used that will work...
    Your video card is what processes the graphics and lets you get the full potential outta the game. It is inside your computer. NVidia and ATI Radeon are the two main ones. I've always used NVidia. You can have the best video card out there, but if your computer doesn't have the memory and speed to process it, you're SOL. They are easy to change. I've done I think two cards and RAM. Very simple. But the actual guts of a computer, no, I have not. If your computer is pretty old, like 3+, probably even less, mines a Dell XPS 8700, and even it is probably mid range. And no, I'm not buying a computer at this time just for a game.

iRacing is membership based. Right now it's under $70 a year, and you gotta buy the tracks and cars. You buy the membership, you get the game, like 14 tracks, and 13 cars, or flip flop them two. But, unless I'm wrong, to do the dirt, you gotta buy it all. You get a discount if you buy certain amounts. And they are one time purchases. I'm guessing about $200 right now to get started just for the game. Not including wheel or comp stuff.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

U can get Lakeland fl USA speedway dirt free without buying it and also dirt street stock and dirt legend is free.

Do any of you run a Geforce GT730 2GB 128 bit video card?

Surprised no one has mentioned these wheels and shifters...
    https://www.thomas-superwheel.com/

I remember them being called TSW wheels ... Id have to google them to recall anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned these wheels and shifters...
    https://www.thomas-superwheel.com/
    At that price, I'll pass.

Made in the USA .... One of the guys who raced with us had one .... He talked about how smooth it was .... Plus ... He could customize it ....Change wheels to smaller or larger ....add buttons ....Repairing it was the Biggest thing ... He could buy parts and fix it himself .... The junk we buy from china gets tossed into the trash when it doesnt work .... Not in my budget but prolly the Best Wheel made ... Oh yea and NO force feed back on them ...

Made in the USA .... One of the guys who raced with us had one .... He talked about how smooth it was .... Plus ... He could customize it ....Change wheels to smaller or larger ....add buttons ....Repairing it was the Biggest thing ... He could buy parts and fix it himself .... The junk we buy from china gets tossed into the trash when it doesnt work .... Not in my budget but prolly the Best Wheel made ... Oh yea and NO force feed back on them ...
    You can adjust the feedback, which I like some, not 100%. And I had a Logitech Momo wheel I paid $100 or so for that was great and took loads of abuse. If I get a new Logitech and it's a turd, possibly I'd look at them, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Finally got this going with a new computer and wheel... What a blast! Every car drives so different. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by 153J View Post
    try this

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...184&item=10851

its the test that iracing sent me when i emailed them to ask if my comp specs were ok
    Running that check can be harmful to your computer.