Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Iracing

One of the guys we race r/c cars with posted his first win on his facebook ..... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSprints View Post
    Keep spending money on "REAL" racing otherwise, we'll lose an entire generation of folks paying to watch others play a dang game. iRacing or any simulation is a detriment to Real Racing, not a plus.
    I don't own his deal....yet. This isn't a game, it's a simulation, there's a big difference in the two. Yes, they both run through a computer, a game is something kids do for fun, this isn't made for that. I've seen Chris Bell and Rico Abreu doing this, which are real accomplished professional racers.

They're only making tracks with a infield pit area at the time, so it may be awhile before we seen any smaller tracks. I'm guessing it has something to do with the pace truck exiting the track in a proper fashion.

I was talking to a buddy who is hooked on it .... Soon as the weather turns cold im signing up .... Anyone playing this have the vr head sets ? Im interested in the feed back over the use of a regular monitor ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I was talking to a buddy who is hooked on it .... Soon as the weather turns cold im signing up .... Anyone playing this have the vr head sets ? Im interested in the feed back over the use of a regular monitor ....
    A friend of mine uses a v/r headset with his set up, he likes it a lot. I tried it out and it gave me motion sickness, which I've never gotten before. I think it was probably because my body senses that there should be some motion due to what I was seeing and hearing with the headset on, but there obiouvlsy wasn't any. I don't really know what caused it. YMMV of course.

My buddy paid 800 for the top end vr head set .... Im typically more thrifty ... So much new stuff out there .... Im thinking these are what they use to fly drones ...

My buddy paid 800 for the top end vr head set .... Im typically more thrifty ... So much new stuff out there .... Im thinking these are what they use to fly drones ...
    I think $400-$500 is a common number. Best Buy/Amazon. Always remember if it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon, Best Buy will match it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I have a $800.00 Cyberpower PC with Ryzen 5 processor and RX580 video card from Best Buy, coupled with the Oculus Rift, which new runs $500. I've seen used on Ebay for $250. Keep an eye on the Iracing Flea Market on Faceboook as well. I run everything on high detail except for crowd (off) and pit equipment (low). I get a constant 90 fps, capped at 90. Also added the Obutto Ozone (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, with the Buttkicker Gamer2 bass shaker under the seat.
    I have had this for 6 months now, and I use it more and more every week. It is probably the best money I have ever spent in terms of use.
    As far as the Rift VR.... its amazing. You literally feel like you are in the car. I will say after the first day of having it, I called all my friends over to try it, because I was going to return it. It made me feel so weird, almost like I had the flu when taking it off. I read up on it, and everyone said to play for short intervals every day for a week. I tried that, and it worked. I can play for hours now without one bit of motion sickness. Allot of people who come try it, have no issues at all. I think some people just need to get used to it. But it is so realistic, words don't do it justice. From a training standpoint, it cant be beat. (muscle memory, wheel input and consistency)

i just started about a month ago to get it going for the winter time. i bought a $500 pc from best buy a $250 pedal wheel setup from ebay and use a 32" tv for my monitor. it all works plenty well for me

Default Buying a pc

I wish everyone knew how easy it is to build a pc .... If you watched one being put together youd never go to a big box store again .... Yea ...You need to know a few things but to be honest its not that hard to pickup on ....What I do is find out what the lastest processor is ...Than look at where the prices drop on the older stuff .... You can save alot of money on the build & get alot more out of your purchase ....

I wish everyone knew how easy it is to build a pc .... If you watched one being put together youd never go to a big box store again .... Yea ...You need to know a few things but to be honest its not that hard to pickup on ....What I do is find out what the lastest processor is ...Than look at where the prices drop on the older stuff .... You can save alot of money on the build & get alot more out of your purchase ....
    I second that, even easier if you go to New Egg's website they'll put together the kit for you where everything's compatible, and they have great support if you have questions. IMO you can build about twice the computer for what you pay at the big box stores, especially if you watch for sales on components, you can get some really good deals. You pay for a lot of fluff (software, etc...) that you'll likely never use. That's probably why they call these do-it-yourself builds "barebones" kits, they generally come with no software at all.

If you've ever changed out a video card or basically anything in a computer, then you can build your own PC and with all the you tube videos out there, it's much easier than you think.

Default Good post

My last build I went to micro center while they had a sale going on .... One reason i like micro center is their return policy ... They take it back if im not happy ( No questions asked ) Dont be worried about building a p/c .... I think the only tools are a screw driver .....LOL

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/This site has build lists targeting different use cases. Just pick one based on what you are going to use the computer for and your budget and order the parts. The riskiest part of building a PC is installing the CPU and heat sink. Be sure to read the directions carefully and don’t bend the pins.

I looked at my wheel out in the shop ....G-25 .... is that too old ?

No Bob I played with a driving force gt which is older than that wheel for a LONG time until I recently picked up a G29

Thanks .... That saved me $ 300 ....

I have a complete setup that I am selling if anyone is interested.... Racing seat(playseat) New G29 Wheel set, Dell computer with upgraded Ram and Video Card and TV stand and 32" Sony TV....Plus the game and I have bought all the cars and tracks other than Wingless sprints.
    1000.00 Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I have a complete setup that I am selling if anyone is interested.... Racing seat(playseat) New G29 Wheel set, Dell computer with upgraded Ram and Video Card and TV stand and 32" Sony TV....Plus the game and I have bought all the cars and tracks other than Wingless sprints.
    1000.00 Firm.
    Just so everyone knows, you are not allowed to sell an account. If they find out, it can be banned. Keep that in mind if thinking about buying an iRacing account from someone.

I didn't know that... thanks for the heads up.

Do I need to buy the top of the line video card to run the VR head gear ?

Do I need to buy the top of the line video card to run the VR head gear ?
    Only if your computer will support it. You can have the best video card on the market, and if your computer isn't strong enough to support it, it's pointless. Long as you have a decent computer, just get the best video card you can for watcha got. You can check and see how your computer stacks with a test online.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.