Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Im going to take WAG at this & say all the Tests come back good ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

2400 dollar for a protest?

Was the purse like 10k or something ?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Do believe it was 1200 a car to tear down complete motor, check fuel, and tires. They protested 1st and 2nd place cars if I understood right.

I like this rule .... IMO this rule is a good ideal in theory .... I would think if a team was cheating they wouldnt win win win .... Does lucus oil lm have this rule too ? So what if they are found legal ....Do the teams get a cut of the 1200 ?

100 from each protest goes to the track the remainder goes to the team if found to be legal.

I agree about the cost to reseal a crate. A driver who raced against my had a 602 get protested twice and when he was done he had to pull money from his pocket to reseal which is B/S . Rebuilder charged 400$ to put head back on track provided seal bolts he only got about 350 time everybody got their cut which is wrong racers should get enough to cover all expenses.

Any news on the protest ? Who built & sealed this motor ?

Don't know for sure but heard last night one tech man said motor was wrong another man said it's ok,so who knows.Its been a week so there might be some truth to the story.

Just saw where Lowe was thrown out on motor and brindle on tires.

Heres the official report.

http://www.boydsspeedway.net/news/?i=46238
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

nice to see a track finally taking a stand, its out of hand at most places

It's not the track, someone had put up a large sum of money for them to check. The engine builder should be okay since the guy could have changed the valve springs. One has to wonder about the other two races he won that weekend. Tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
    It's not the track, someone had put up a large sum of money for them to check. The engine builder should be okay since the guy could have changed the valve springs. One has to wonder about the other two races he won that weekend. Tainted.
    You have to wonder does the builder use same springs in their own motors, they won somewhere this weekend.

Did the guy putting up all the money for these protests get torn down and tires teched too?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Not yet....

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    IMO this needs to be fixed asap...when spectators leave a track they should be able to say that a certain car definitely won. Not get home and later see on social media that the real winner won't be declared for 3 days. Same with tire samples being sent off, who cares? Only have rules you can check or enforce at the track. Unfair to the fans and racers alike to drag stuff out like that.
    You are definitely on to something here... and that I agree with!!

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    IMO this needs to be fixed asap...when spectators leave a track they should be able to say that a certain car definitely won. Not get home and later see on social media that the real winner won't be declared for 3 days. Same with tire samples being sent off, who cares? Only have rules you can check or enforce at the track. Unfair to the fans and racers alike to drag stuff out like that.
    Yes, it is a problem. I say give the cheater the win, go ahead with the protest and if found not legal, ban them for a year. With the money won and what they save by not racing, they might get a open motor to put them parts in. The only way you stop this is by making the penalties not worth the risk. On the other hand, you could make it legal and have a stock block open motor. Get rid of the seals and economical engine.

What does different valve sping's do for hp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    What does different valve sping's do for hp ?
    It allows for more RPM in the higher part of the torque curve. That means it's usable instead of valve float. If they find springs, look for massaged rocker arms also and weigh the push rods.

More RPM means more air threw engine. That air gets fuel. The extra fuel is burned and creates extra HP.
    Last edited by Bubstr; 04-11-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Not yet....
    So the guy that put up all this money to get these two dqued wasn't teched at the same time? Am I the only one who sees something fuked up with that?

If they fail tech, fine, dq them, but the guy who put up that money shoulda been teched right then also. Because usually it's I know I'm cheating so how in the fuk did they beat me?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.