Default Hats off to TMac... Begging for track prep...

TMac talking about track prep as he got fast time award... Guess we'll see if anyone cares...

I thought it was a bit odd this afternoon at about 2 pm central they posted pictures on facebook of the rigs coming in the track and the track looked like it hadnt been touched after practice last night.......

Until these drivers reach down grab themselves a handful of testicular fortitude and refuse to race on garbage track surfaces they have nothing to b1tch about. Ball up guys and put them in the hauler.
    Same for the series. If a track has a history of pizz poor track surface and lack of effort on their prep quit giving them shows.

See, this is definitely a case where if a track is on the Lucas Tour schedule, then LUCAS should demand a certain level of standard to showcase their series and the stars on the track that are racing for supposedly the premier late model dirt track tour in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    See, this is definitely a case where if a track is on the Lucas Tour schedule, then LUCAS should demand a certain level of standard to showcase their series and the stars on the track that are racing for supposedly the premier late model dirt track tour in the country.
    Yea this makes lucas look bad. eams is representing lucas and should step it up.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I'd say they stepped down...way down...pitiful...

Sorry TMac...no one was listening...
    Congratulations East Alabama on a sorry azz show on live tv...

There used to be some people on here whining that Lucas makes the tracks prepare a crappy surface. They literally claimed Lucas officials controlled track prep in every way short of climbing on the equipment themselves. I'm glad to see they've moved on or got banned or whatever. Last night was a simple case of a track not prepping the surface, or running 439 support classes, or both. The first 30 laps were ok, the last 30 were like watching paint dry.

Normp it's funny u said that about the series wanting the tracked prepped there way...1 of the worst races I seen at a very RACIE facility was a WOO race and it was a slick train race around the bottom...i had a friend that worked at the track not just on race day but all week and I asked him why was the track in that kinda shape that night and he simply said that was the way the WOO officials wanted it...

Default Lazy

Laziness, type of dirt, lack of knowledge. There's no series rule, tire rule, or whatever that creates that. Yeah, there's the wind variables, cloudiness, temp, that can affect it, but in the end it's track prep. Only rule that I think hurts racing is the aero stuff. Where they keep running bigger and bigger cow catchers. Ya hear it quite a bit now about aero stuff, which is nuts. But them noses they run are insane. No one discs, waters, sheepsfoot, regularly. Oh it's race day, guess we better sprinkle a load of water on the track.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Laziness, type of dirt, lack of knowledge. There's no series rule, tire rule, or whatever that creates that. Yeah, there's the wind variables, cloudiness, temp, that can affect it, but in the end it's track prep. Only rule that I think hurts racing is the aero stuff. Where they keep running bigger and bigger cow catchers. Ya hear it quite a bit now about aero stuff, which is nuts. But them noses they run are insane. No one discs, waters, sheepsfoot, regularly. Oh it's race day, guess we better sprinkle a load of water on the track.
    I haven't seen any of the action, but tire rules can indeed cause 1 lane racing when they force competitors to use soft rubber and apply the rubber to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I haven't seen any of the action, but tire rules can indeed cause 1 lane racing when they force competitors to use soft rubber and apply the rubber to the track.
    I don't disagree that it can. But all ya see anymore is next to zero track prep, too many divisions, just a lack of effort. If we were seeing very good effort outta promoters with track prep, but tracks still turning sh!tty, then I'm with ya. But all ya ever see is lack of effort.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I don't disagree that it can. But all ya see anymore is next to zero track prep, too many divisions, just a lack of effort. If we were seeing very good effort outta promoters with track prep, but tracks still turning sh!tty, then I'm with ya. But all ya ever see is lack of effort.
    That is not a new trend. Soft tire rules are. I expect that to lead to more of this.

You used to see guys "gamble on tires" and come from 24th to 1st and they might fall back to 5th at the end or they might hold on to win, it was great to see that type of stuff. Since everyone is on basically the same tires now you don't see it nearly as often. I think 3-4 compounds on a national tour is manageable for the big teams.