Default Lr chain vs lr limit stop on underslung

What is better running a chain on lr or adjustable limit stop on underslung?

i built my own adjustable stop with rubber on under slung frame , but a lot of folks still use a chain with the under slung, matter of preference i guess.

While on the topic, I was wondering how to best measure the drop on an over rail car. By that, I mean we usually just measure the drop with the LR hanging, but that doesn't simulate or account for where the rearend is "rotationally" under acceleration (less pinion angle than statically) or under braking (more pinion angle). This would undoubtedly change with a fixed chain mount on the axle tube. I suppose with a bearing chain limiter that would be removed from the equation, as it would with an underslung chassis as the rearend would rotate on the underslung part.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    While on the topic, I was wondering how to best measure the drop on an over rail car. By that, I mean we usually just measure the drop with the LR hanging, but that doesn't simulate or account for where the rearend is "rotationally" under acceleration (less pinion angle than statically) or under braking (more pinion angle). This would undoubtedly change with a fixed chain mount on the axle tube. I suppose with a bearing chain limiter that would be removed from the equation, as it would with an underslung chassis as the rearend would rotate on the underslung part.
    Bearing deal is the way to go.