Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: illini...

Default illini...

What's up with the format? Not a real 100 lapper n my opinion... What a disgrace.... Why even advertise it as 17thousand to win... Breaking it up like they did..😠

I never saw it advertised as 17k to win. Saturday was still 15,000, Sunday was 6,000 like it usually is on the prelim night.

I absolutely hate the format. However, if they insist on splitting it up, they should split it into twin 50 lappers.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Kind of curious about this - actually have an article in the works about format - so I'm interested in your thoughts here.

Me personally I prefer to see a complete show each night, than to see a show with qualifying and heats one night, and then b-mains and a feature the next night.

Please let me know your thoughts.

- Ben

I don't understand why people wouldn't want to see 2 features instead of 1. There aren't enough cars anymore to fill up an entire night's program with just qualifying and heats. If a track is going to schedule a 2 day show with one feature then they should have 2 sets of pill draw heats on night 1 like I-80 and Florence.

I like that their is 2 shows but 25 laps? That's really short on a short track.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    I like that their is 2 shows but 25 laps? That's really short on a short track.
    Think they would have to work a little harder then 25 laps for 5000 or more bucks... Make it 40 and 80 lap shows,,,

The 25 lap race was way better than the 75 lapper. So now what?
    8/13/16

I think most every one wants to see the two nights each with its own feature. Just the length of those features are in question. 25 laps for $6,000 seems a bit short. How about 40 for the $6,000 and 100 for the $15,000 to have a true Illini 100.
    Even after the two prelim nights at Eldora they still have a World 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    I never saw it advertised as 17k to win. Saturday was still 15,000, Sunday was 6,000 like it usually is on the prelim night.
    Thank for the correction! But I'm pretty positive I seen 17.000 to win quite sometime ago. Just saying. Thanks again though
    Last edited by TurboTurtle17; 04-03-2017 at 01:02 PM.

How many lates did they draw in for this year?
    Last edited by TurboTurtle17; 04-03-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shelton View Post
    Kind of curious about this - actually have an article in the works about format - so I'm interested in your thoughts here.

Me personally I prefer to see a complete show each night, than to see a show with qualifying and heats one night, and then b-mains and a feature the next night.

- Ben
    I really like the format at the Firecracker. Complete shows with qualifying each prelim night, and basically a complete show the final night sans qualifying, with the heats set up from a driver's best point total on one of the prelim nights.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I pity the fool who wouldn't want to see a feature each night

Complete show both nights, only a fool would pay to watch 4 heat races one night then go home and pay again the next night to watch a feature.

went to batesville and lagit intead this year. great weather...

At least they were smart enough to make 2 complete shows like most tracks are doing no... 25 lapper looked way better than the 75. Now if we could do away with qualifying or have an invert like the big E we would really be on to something.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Let it stay a complete show at 25 laps , then take the top 5 from that in a ten lap shootout for some extra cash.

Fans would love it.....not sure about the teams or promoters.

Would add a little to the 25 lap show format.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

- Ben
    Absolutely agree with you Ben! I will never go to a 2 day show where they qualify and run heats on 1 night then B mains and feature on another. I do understand why promoters do it so they can cover the purse. As a spectator I would rather pay $25-30 a night and see 2 complete shows. Even pack up and drive another couple hours to do so if need be.
    I love Eldora's format that they have done the past few years where they run 3 straight nights and how you finish the first two nights your average is how you start your heat for the last night. Force them boys to race!

- Ben
    Agreed Ben. Most definitely what you stated.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Qualify heats one night! Bmains/Semi features next with non qualifier races. Then the HUNDRED lapper! Race your way in. No pill draws. No redraws for feature! Start where you qualify! No Provisionals! •••